cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis-sold 24 month contract with promise of free upgrade after 12 months on return of phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, just wondering if anyone else has suffered the same trouble as myself? I got a Galaxy S2 on a 24 month contract in august 2011. I mentioned I only wanted a 12 month contract as I like to upgrade my phone more frequently but the salesman advised that due to cost of phone I should take out 24 month contract and then any time after 12 months I could trade the phone back to them and take out a new contract over 12 or 24 months at no extra charge. And, yes, as you guessed, when I now return to store this is no longer available!! I would never have taken out the 24 month contract if I wasnt told I could 100% upgrade after 12 months at NO CHARGE as long as phone was still working and in satisfactory condition. Anybody else had similar problem or know who I need to complain to as store didnt want to know and told me to contact o2 on 2020 and 02 told me I need to contact store?! The wonders of o2 customer service lol.

Any help much appreciated, Kevin

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I don't suppose you got this in writing did you? 😞

Only other avenu is to lodge a complaint with CS against the store(if they're not willing to help)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I don't suppose you got this in writing did you? 😞

Only other avenu is to lodge a complaint with CS against the store(if they're not willing to help)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27611 Solutions
In theory, you could recycle the S2 and use the money to pay off your contract, then take out a new one with a new phone. Maybe that was what the adviser was suggesting in a round about sort of way....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3