Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis-Sold Contract?

LC85
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I purchased new contract phone at the end of December 2019. The contract/phone I chose came with a tablet aswell.

I didn't go looking for a tablet so to get the phone I wanted with a tablet as well was great!

Regarding the tablet - I was told in the O2 shop that I visited, that I would receive 3 months FREE 50GB data and after this period of time, I could then reduce the amount to zero, so that the only payment I would be paying is an airtime bill for my mobile phone and 2 x device bills (1 x mobile phone and 1 x tablet). I have tried reducing the amount on the tablet, but there isn't an option to reduce it to zero. The lowest priced airtime bill is still £6.00 for 500MB.

Please could anyone help me to reduce it as I was promised I would be able to, or have I been lied to?

Thank you

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@LC85 

The only way to reduce your airtime to zero is to pay off the tablet cost completely.

You need to go back to the shop with the evidence of what you were told for advice but it sounds a bit fishy to me.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@LC85 

The only way to reduce your airtime to zero is to pay off the tablet cost completely.

You need to go back to the shop with the evidence of what you were told for advice but it sounds a bit fishy to me.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

LC85
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your reply - I wouldn't mind, I didn't really want or need a tablet! I just now get the feeling that i've been told some porkies! But that's just it - it was all a conversation, nothing in writing. The only thing it says in my contract is:

"2. 3 Months Free Airtime on All Tablets - 075********

3 months free airtime applied for agreed contract term on all data tariffs (standard price thereafter) when bought with an eligible device. Airtime adjusted annually

by RPI."

If this is the way O2 do their business i'm pretty disappointed...

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Sadly, some stores will say anything to secure a deal !
The small print should always be examined and questioned if unsure.
You may wish to consider a complaint https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain but first, let's see if @Martin-O2 or @Marjo can help you?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I do think you were mis-sold as I can't see anything in the terms where you can reduce the airtime to zero. I've never heard of such a thing unless the device is also paid off. Maybe admin can find out for you.

Message 5 of 6

djbsuffolk
Level 9: Fired up
  • 140 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Of course the issue now would be proving what was said 3 months ago - especially if the sales person was just agreeing to get the sale kicking the issue down the road for 3 months. Hope you get to the bottom of it and get it sorted. 

Message 6 of 6