cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messed Direct Debit

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I just need an advice - My mum joined O2 together with her friend, Mark. They had some kind of joined account or something but later decided to split and an agent in O2 store messed their Direct Debits - she pays his bills and he - hers. They went there again to change it but the agent said it can't be done, because of the reasons. After her contract ended she changed to SIM only and pays less and the payment was set to her own account so she now has two direct debits - her new one and Mark's old one. Can she just cancel his direct debit now and forget about it or is she meant to pay for it, even though it's not her contract? Who will O2 come to to get the money - her or Mark? Thanks for any help
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
They will chase the name on the account.
I suggest your mum contacts Mark so he can take over the payments - he can change the details in the MyO2 for the account http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
They will chase the name on the account.
I suggest your mum contacts Mark so he can take over the payments - he can change the details in the MyO2 for the account http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If the contract is in her name she will be responsible for the debt if she stops paying. She needs to contact customer services as it appears Mark needs to take ownership for his own device. http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, the contract is in his name, it's just direct debit that is set on her account. I just need to know if they gonna ask him as a contract owner or her as a direct debit payee to pay. I'm pretty sure they'll chase him for payments but need to confirm that.

Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As I said, they chase the name on the account, so it'll be him.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Not much to worry about. She should give him the heads up though....? Maybe?? wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, as I suggested....

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, thank you

Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Yes, as I suggested....

Not everyone types as fast as you mate...particularly when I start then have to answer the door!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It was my first reply half an hour ago tongue
Anyway, all sorted now slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10