cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message retrieval?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any way I can retrieve messages sent to me from a number that I need for evidence in court?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If you're talking about text messages to your phone, if you have deleted them without backing them up, I don't believe there is any way to retrieve them.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Melx

You would need to speak to customer services in regards to this, for them to process some kind of request to the relevant department. Or, for them to give you advice on the next step. If it is a legal issue, you may need to contact the police beforehand, as this could be an issue which either the Nuisance calls department or Police liaison deal with.

The above is just my own recomendation, so dont take it has fact.

Your first point of call will be by calling 20202 on your mobile, and asking for assistance.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 6

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If you're talking about text messages to your phone, if you have deleted them without backing them up, I don't believe there is any way to retrieve them.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

There are a number of ways of retrieving data when needed, i do know that, but to what extent and to what timescale i don't know.

But anything is worth a shot these days slight_smile

Message 4 of 6

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

You may be correct, but if the OP has deleted the texts, considering the number of texts that are sent on the network each day, I doubt that they would be retrievable unless a crime has been commited and it was reported to the police.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unless they were backed up beforehand I don't think you can retrieve them
Message 6 of 6