cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massively overcharged!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Basically I got my usual email to tell me what my bill for the month was going to be. To my shock it said £337.16! I knew this could not be correct, so I spoke to somebody at 02 about it and they looked at my account and they said they couldn't see why I was told this and that it will be a mistake. Anyway come midnight today £337.16 has been taken out of my account!

When I call tomorrow can this be rectified straight away? As I pretty much need that cash to survive this week!

Thanks in advance

Dan

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Oh dear, I'm wondering if your account has been hacked and a new contract set up on your account.

Please check your MyO2 account and check for any orders you don't know of and it's probably a good idea to change your password whille you're there.

I hope I'm wrong about this, if not ask for the fraud department.

Customer Service Number Charges

From your O2 mobile202Free
From a landline0844 809 02025p / min†
From abroad+44 844 809 0200Free‡

Opening times

Monday-Friday08:00 - 21:00
Saturday08:00 - 20:00
Sunday08:00 - 18:00

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Oh dear, I'm wondering if your account has been hacked and a new contract set up on your account.

Please check your MyO2 account and check for any orders you don't know of and it's probably a good idea to change your password whille you're there.

I hope I'm wrong about this, if not ask for the fraud department.

Customer Service Number Charges

From your O2 mobile202Free
From a landline0844 809 02025p / min†
From abroad+44 844 809 0200Free‡

Opening times

Monday-Friday08:00 - 21:00
Saturday08:00 - 20:00
Sunday08:00 - 18:00

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply, I've looked on pretty much everywhere I can on My02 and it shows the last bill ( which is correct) but there ins't a mention anywhere of £337.16. Very annoying as I brought this up as soon as I saw the bill and was clearly told that there is nothing on my account to warrant these charges.

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

As Perksie suggests ring O2 ASAP this morning.

They can return any monies taken in error in a matter of days.

Please update your thread with the outcome. This would help any other people in the same situation finding this thread after a search.

Hope all goes well.
Message 4 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93274 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very sorry to hear this.

Please make sure that you DEMAND the payment is send back to your bank via FPS/CHAPS.

Do not let them fob you off with it may take X amount of days.  This is RUBBISH (for all companies) they can send instant (within 2hrs) payments if they want.

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Assume payment was a DD payment if so get bank to do an indemnity claim which should mean bank return the payment the same day into your account as per direct debit guarantee, o2 could not return a dd payment until it had cleared to them which takes some days
Message 7 of 8

Charlieboyoo
  • 288 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Happened to me,was waiting on a refund for weeks,they kept on saying its takes up to 30 days,some actually denied i was owed anything.In the end i had to put a complaint and get my card company to get it back.I got compensation as an apology because i had to phone up numerous times.

Message 8 of 8