cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAJOR Text Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Pay Monthly contract with Samsung Galaxy S3, and my partner has a Pay Monthly Contract with iPhone 4S.

In the past 3-4 weeks he hasn’t been receiving approximately half of my texts sent to him. I have been receiving some random texts sent by him weeks ago (which I had received previously as well!) and mashed up texts when part of the text is a recent text and the other part of it is a part of an old text!

I have contacted O2 numerous times by e-mail, phone and live chat. I have tried (on both phones!) choosing different network then back O2 again, re-entering the text message service number, switching the phones off, taking the SIM out, cleaning it and inserting it back, trying the SIM’s in different handsets and finally was sent SIM’s replacements.

None of the above has fixed the problem. The O2 advisors keep repeating the same old script they have and as none of their “solutions” work, they now just hang up or leave the chat room.

I have all the e-mails and chat transcripts as well as screenshots from both phones with what has been sent vs what has been received proving their incompetence and the absence of service but they wouldn’t let me cancel and are making me pay for the air and also wasting my time making me to retell the whole story each time I contact them and then going through their scripts hoping I haven’t tried some of their so called solutions yet, then hang up.

Does anyone have any idea what I could do please?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has it always been like that or is it a new problem
Message 11 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144755 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions
Getting your sim replaced can help. Mines been ok since I had a new sim, touch wood!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 12