Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing payments

thomas1283
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Morning. Having some major issues with o2 ‘customer service’! 
I have 2 missing payments on my account. Payments made using the automated payment line on the 9th February have gone missing, customer service are less than useless, for some reason I can’t get through to payment management - been on hold for a total of 8 hours within the last 24 hours! 

now 2 of my connections have been disconnected through no fault of mine! 

does anyone know if there’s a direct number to speak to someone or do I have to go through the same process of calling and being put on hold multiple times a day? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10180 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@thomas1283 

The only thing we can advise is to call o2 on 0800 902 0217

It my be worth speaking to your bank and asking for a transaction trace for the 2 payments made to o2, as it may still be in a pending state with your bank, and it also means o2 can trace the transaction as can the bank.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 6

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6607 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

The only direct number is

0800 902 0217 

Payment Management opening hours:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

O2 seem to have technical problems taking payments, they know about it but still put the onus on the customer.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 6

TALKNICE
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've experienced the same problem. My line has been disconnected and reconnected five times in two weeks, and all I received was £2 in compensation. It's frustrating that it takes two days to get a response, and it seems like they're intentionally cutting the calls. I've been a customer of O2 for over 15 years, but the quality of service has significantly declined.

Message 4 of 6

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5684 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@thomas1283 

Following on from the comments of @madasaf1sh :-

Before contacting O2, I suggest that you contact your bank to obtain the unique transaction identification numbers of your payments. They will be a sixteen digit numbers. O2 will need you to provide these so that they can search for your remittances in their accounting records.   

Message 5 of 6

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5684 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@TALKNICE 

I don't dispute that the quality of Customer Service has declined in recent times ; but that is common to all of the UK mobile network operators and not just O2. 

Message 6 of 6