Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia 7260 - able to send text and make a call but cannot receive

foo_cindy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Never had any issues sending a text or calling out to a landline or to another mobile until Jan this year.

From Nokia

I can text my Samsung

I can call my Samsung

From Samsung

I cannot text my Nokia

(error msg on Samsung = trouble sending, check options)

(Click on "check options" it has 2 options (1) re-send (2) delete

I can call my Nokia

Where is the issue/problem? Nokia or Samsung

EDIT:

From my husbands Samsung

I can call my Nokia

I can text my Nokia

Thanks

-cindy

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12620 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

Which Samsung do you have @foo_cindy ?

It might be related to Android now using RCS for messaging - not sure if that would work correctly going to an old Nokia.

You would need to go into the messaging app on your phone and turn off the RCS option so it only uses SMS.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11577 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@foo_cindy 

The Samsung, as you text from every other device.. 

Might be worth doing a network reset on the Samsung, also have a look at this guide Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) 

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 5

foo_cindy
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Do you think it's got to do with my Nokia phone 2769 flip phone, 1st generation, release 2007, with icon symbol = E (2G?) is on 2G and my Samsung which cannot send the text to Nokia is on 5G/4G

My Samsung can call and text all other phones (much newer than Nokia) except Nokia

My husband's old Samsung (Samsung Galaxy Ace 3, rel 2013) )which can call and text to my Nokia is an Android 4.2.2 on auto select 4G/3G/2G

My husband's Samsung (on vodafone) received this message--- Important information: this is to confirm that we've now switched off our 3G network across the UK. You can still use our 4G network for data, but as your calls and texts connect through our 3G network, these will now switch to 2G. For a better connection you'll need to upgrade to a 4G compatible phone. To see your options, please visit www.vodafone.co.uk/3G-switch-off or call us on 191.

Message 3 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12620 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

Which Samsung do you have @foo_cindy ?

It might be related to Android now using RCS for messaging - not sure if that would work correctly going to an old Nokia.

You would need to go into the messaging app on your phone and turn off the RCS option so it only uses SMS.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 5

foo_cindy
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Samsung A50, release 2018 2019 I think. I will check up on the RCS messaging

Message 5 of 5