Did you mean: 

Lost phone

CToal
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I lost my phone and unfortunately my address has not been updated on the account. O2 are sending out a replacement sim. Is it just a matter of a simple SIM swap?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

If the phone was reported lost then the replacement should have your account on it (your number) so it should be a call to say it's arrived and to remove any restrictions on it (bars).

Once it arrives give CS a call (or message on social media) and you should be good to go!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gmarkj
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

The new sim will have your number on it so you won't need to do a sim swap or anything like that, although the replacement sim will go to the address on the account @CToal so you will need to check where they are sending it.
Once the replacement arrives you will need to contact customer services and ask them to remove all of the bars on your account (they put them there to stop people using the old sim and rack up charges you don't want). These can take 24 hours to come off, but it does happen that there are issues and it takes longer.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 2 of 4

CToal
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah the o2 business support team were able to send it out to my new address once I was verified in branch. However, they did state that I needed to call to perform a sim swap. Confused still!

Message 3 of 4

gmarkj
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

If the phone was reported lost then the replacement should have your account on it (your number) so it should be a call to say it's arrived and to remove any restrictions on it (bars).

Once it arrives give CS a call (or message on social media) and you should be good to go!

Message 4 of 4