Did you mean: 

Lost job options available

jamieleewv1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 38 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there

I've recently lost my job, I have a 5 year old daughter to take care of and a home to pay for, I currently have 3 lines open for my family with o2, the monthly bill equates to approx £140 a month, which I've had no trouble paying since opening them. 

However I have recently lost my job and I am trying to restructure my finances to get by, what are the consequences of no longer being able to pay my bill? I understand my credit will get affected, is the balance transferred to a 3rd party who I can them setup a much lower payment plan with? 

Thank you.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

jamieleewv1
  • 38 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So phone imei's are blocked (basically rendered useless) if bills aren't paid? Is this new? As it never use to be like this?

Message 11 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149940 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

Not something I was aware of @jamieleewv1 

We get quite a few customers on here moaning about their sim cards getting turned off and their debt passed to an agency, but not having their phones barred.

The only IMEI bars we hear about are either errors or fraud cases / insurance scams.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 18

jonsie
  • 94349 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

Only if the phone is on a device plan and there is an outstanding amount owed

Message 13 of 18

jamieleewv1
  • 38 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is there anything in the terms and conditions that explains this? I can't seem to find anything and two different o2 support agents have told me two different things regards to the actual phone being barred 🤔

Message 14 of 18

jamieleewv1
  • 38 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok, @MI5 thanks for the help so far. 

As stated earlier I have 3 lines on the same account, obviously they all have separate bills each month, what happens to the account if I continue to pay the one line, but don't pay the other two, would the line I'm paying for still get blocked? As that's my son's so would want to continue paying that. 

Message 15 of 18

MI5
  • 149940 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@jamieleewv1 

All the T&C's here https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/o2-refresh-device-plan-cca-term-and-conditions

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 16 of 18

jamieleewv1
  • 38 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok so I've read through the terms and it states 

' In certain limited circumstances, such as where we receive your instructions to do so, or where we reasonably
suspect fraud, we may disable your Device.

This is the only thing I can find in regards to anything about the device being blocked for non payment. 

@jonsie can you shed any light on this on where you found the device actually gets blocked too?

Thanks 

Message 17 of 18

jonsie
  • 94349 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

Our Latest Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement January 2024 | O2

4. Things we may have to do

4.1 Subject to paragraph 8.8, occasionally we may have to:
(a) change your Mobile Phone number, or any other name, code or number, or the SIM Card associated with the Service. This might be if we're asked to do so by a government or regulatory body or if we reasonably believe that the change will make your use of the Service better. We'll give you reasonable notice before we make this type of change;
(b) temporarily suspend the Service (or any part of it) including (but not limited to) for operational reasons, in an emergency, or for reasons of security. This might be if we're asked to do so by a government or regulatory body; or
(c) bar access to certain numbers or Equipment from the Service on a temporary or permanent basis to (amongst other things) prevent fraud, nuisance, abuse or unusual use of the Service or in circumstances if we or third parties are suffering or would suffer a direct loss and in particular if we believe you have no intention to make payment for the Equipment and/or the Service.

Message 18 of 18