cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Term Signal Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have phoned O2 over this issue now for the past 24 months and still nothing has been done. The reception in the Eltham SE9 area is almost non-existant. I haven't been able to make a call without it dropping for 2 years now.

So far over these past 24 months I have been told the phone mast was accidently destroyed. I was also told it would be restored and they were working on it, surely that was untrue because it has been so long.

Where do I stand, will it ever be resolved? Why am I always told a different story when I call in to O2 Support.

I wanted this brought to the attention of all O2 customers, it is disgusting how O2 continues to get away with this even though they know and acknowledge the problem exists they still continue to sign people up to their contracts in this area.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123288 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Only O2 have that information sadly. You could download Tu to use over wifi http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

If you want to complain about the issue then follow the guide in this link

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel like I have exhausted all options. I had a long running written complaint last year over it, and I had a credit added to my bill to compensate somewhat. But still a year on the same problem exists.

They recommend TU at the time, which was full of bugs, but I pay for a phone line connection, why do they assume I have WiFi, or I would pay to have WiFi installed to use their TU app? To me it's like trying to divert from the real problem and the service they are supposed to be providing.

Message 3 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 123288 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

I agree it is papering over the cracks and not resolving much at all....After all this time I would hope they would let you out of your contract without penalty....wishful thinking but it has been known

If you have already complained then google for the address of O2's CEO and email him

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 13

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Can I ask you to check your exact postcode here. http://status.o2.co.uk And post back the results.

I would seriously be surprised if the mast had not been restored and the number of other masts in that parts of se london do not give you adequate 2g signal for calls .

But if it has been 2 years of poor service I would be looking for another provider.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 144860 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
You're out of contract now so move to a network with a signal in your area.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23184 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

@Anonymous Best thing to do now is make sure your phone is unlocked and try the Pay & Go sims from the other networks to see who gives you the best signal before you commit to another long term contract with any of them.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 13

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I renewed contract on the understanding all issues with masts were fixed. This clearly was untrue.

I have just been on the phone to O2, I was passed to their network team who confirmed there are many deadzones in the area, they said they need to build a new mast to resolve the problems. Passed me back over to customer service who said they could offer me a £10 credit, I said this was not good enough and was told the service is not "fault free" so its all they could do.

I understand its not fault free, but not being able to make a phone call that doesnt drop every day is crazy. At what point does "fault free" become "faulty"?

Message 9 of 13

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

You need to go through complaints in order to try and terminate the contract without penalty. Some have emailed the O2 CEO and got resulting satisfaction. Look at a Google search for the address. 

Message 10 of 13