cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobsworth and poor Service in store (Salisbury)

SusanSherratt
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Went to pick up a click and collect order today in store as they didn't have it in stock nor did they have any clue to when it would be.  I think they need to work on the stock control system.

Anyway despite having photo id ( an expired passport clearly indicating it was me ) they wouldn't let me collect even when I suggested that I could show them:

1. the email from o2,

2. a biometric secured banking app showing the payment I made

3. my full o2 customer details

Seriously hacked off.  Rang customer support for the normal 15 minute wait then going round in circles with the kind assistant suggesting I renew my passport to collect it.

Absolutely crazy.  And the staff did nothing to help me at all.  Not the way to treat a long standing customer.  I work in retail and if I treated a customer like that, I would be having a very frank conversation with my store manager.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37307 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

Tagging @Martin-O2, a forum manager, @SusanSherratt - service in the store is appalling! Hopefully Martin will follow-up, if not today, then in the morning.

Message 2 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12397 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1149 Solutions

Had you received the email to say it was ready to collect @SusanSherratt ?

Agree the service sounds rather poor, so hopefully Martin can pass that back to the store team.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 7

SusanSherratt
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes email was received saying in store. I had to order it as it wasn't in stock in store the day before.

What has upset me the most is the total lack of willingness to help verging on unfriedliness from the lady serving me ( it almost seemed she was getting pleasure from it ).  I know there are rules but surely 3 forms of ID should be sufficient.

Message 4 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12397 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1149 Solutions

Definitely not the level of customer service you would expect then.

Can only hope that @Martin-O2 will pass the comments back to the store.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 7

Nessie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I too would like a talk with @Martin-O2 I went into this store yesterday and was lied to by the woman who claimed she spoke with a colleague over the same ID issue, but it was only her and the younger one in the shop as I had to wait on her coming back to get served, which I did, inside the shop.

I was told by Stirling that I was able to collect the upgrade iPhone 14 pro max and Apple Watch ultra as long as I knew my memorable answer, had the email/text about order and delivery, could log into the o2 app and had the devices that were going to be upgraded.  I have an expired passport in maiden name but had my birth and marriage certificate with me as well as other insane amount of ID, just not valid photo.

I am outraged as I’ve waited over a month for these products due to needing to wait till in the area again and also the high demand on the upgrade items.  To buy elsewhere for cash I’m looking at another 5-6 weeks when the items literally have my name in them sat in the shop which I’ve waited patiently for.

Please reply to me this morning as I’m going to the papers this afternoon and the said items get sent back tomorrow.  So angered that if I could have gotten them in another store they would be in my hand, but unfortunately I picked the Salisbury branch.  I’ve never missed a payment and always been a large bill.  I thought my 2 hospital appointments yesterday were going to be what caused the greatest amount of stress but instead it was an extremely unhelpful woman forgetting we’re the customers.  I agree with above comment that she took pleasure in it as I gave various options but she shot me down on all of them.  I opened my o2 account without photo ID, but I can’t collect an upgrade!  I remained cheerful with her, but she was not professional in anyway!

Thanks

Message 6 of 7

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@SusanSherratt and @Nessie I can certainly pass on your feedback to the O2 Stores. I'll drop you both a private message to grab some details. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 7