cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banging my head against a brick wall, please help for the headache that is O2 Customer Service

Nessie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

HI,

So I have had a totally disastrous time of it with this entire upgrade, from the Salisbury store being unreal to this new issue.

I am paying for a data plan on my new Apple Watch Ultra, however do not have the data!  I upgraded my watch and phone to the new iPhone 14 Pro Max and the Apple Watch Ultra, both of which cost a pretty penny!  I have been with O2 for many years now, top package (everything unlimited), my bills have always been large and I have not missed a single payment, ever! Nor have I ever been late.  Yet here I am being treated like I am stupid and not a valued customer whatsoever!

My phone got collected from a beautiful store in Winchester, as he had a phone in stock, not the colour and storage I wanted, but it was an option for pretty much the next day instead of waiting on another month.  Once in the store to collect my new upgrade phone he was able to place the order for my upgrade watch.  The watch arrived, he scanned everything to set it up and away I went.  The new iPhone also had a new sim which I put inside.

When I got home and started the pairing section, obviously it then wanted the EID number, but the only option was for the old Apple Watch, at the time I didn't twig as I was unable to see the new EID number on the watch as it was still in the set up mode and I didn't know it was printed onto the box of the new watch.  I proceeded with all the steps including the photo of the watch QR code it displays during the process.  The data plan is not on either watch, but funnily enough I am being billed for it.  I have spoken with various people today at the call centre writing off hours of my day as when I went into the store in Southampton, they advised me that I had to call 202 as there was nothing they could do to help me as their system didn't show anything, just that I had a watch and phone on contract with o2.

One of the people who spoke with me today said that they needed to email me a QR code to scan, and that it would take unto 24 hours, they told me many times nothing would be posted out to me.  Later this evening I received 2 emails stating that I have had 2 sims posted out to me and will be with me in a few days, this is not convenient at all, also goes against everything I was told.

I had one of the rudest people on the planet on one of the calls, who was so arrogant and in no way listened to me and was extremely condescending with various non words.  I remained calm and friendly within all the calls, but the last one has blown my top!  The rude person I asked to speak to their manager/supervisor for assistance, for which they didn't - naturally - and put me through to sales and non manager/supervisor!  They then listened to me and said they were going to get their supervisor to listen in on the call with her and me and go from there, I was on hold for ages, patiently and ended up with someone else who I could hardly hear, I must have said a thousand times please speak up I can hardly hear you (everyone else volume was fine), they did not listen to me and they then proceeded to tell me I do not have a data plan on my watch to activate!!  I actually have unlimited data on the watch as well as the phone ... it just isn't working due to the EID number not existing on the O2 system.

Is there anyone who will help with this?? O2 store tells me to call 202 and when I do dial 202 I am getting the worst members of the human race.  O2 customer service always used to be so helpful and friendly with both people on the call understanding one another, so not the case now!  Now what you get is someone who doesn't listen, is rude and talks over you!

I am disabled and need to have the watch working with the data plan I am paying for in case of falls.  I am an upgrade not a new customer, maybe that is the problem they no longer want my money!  I am unable to be at my home address for the moment and our car is also off the road due to a recent big break down.

Please help me reach someone decent!

Thanks!

Nessie slight_smile

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23525 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

I will tag an O2 online advisor. They will be back on tomorrow at 8 am and will send you a private message to get details. Look for the little envelope icon on the top right of this page to alert you.

@O2Sarah- can you please assist @Nessie?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 12

Nessie
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hiya Bambino,

Thanks so much grin Have a top night!

Nessie grin 

Message 3 of 12

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Good morning 

Thanks for thee tag @Bambino 

@Nessie I will send you a private message so we can look into this for you

Message 4 of 12

Nessie
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hiya Sarah,

Thanks so much 😁.  I will read and reply now. 

Nessie 🥰

Message 5 of 12

Nessie
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update for you all.

@O2Sarah- has been a wonderful member of the o2 staff and I am forever thankful!  You deserve employee of the month and a pay rise!  The issue is now resolved after Sarah refreshed my data plan, un pair the watch and re do.

This disabled customer was all for leaving O2 after the shambles, but after Sarah has fixed it I can stay with O2 which makes me happy!  I am also safe now if I fall!

From here on in, I will try the community first, as the staff on call at 202 are not helpful and Sarah fixing it has proven I was correct in the fact it could be rectified without a physical sim being posted to me!

Amazing service and Sarah has been so friendly and kept me fully in the loop!

Thank you Sarah and thank you @Bambino for tagging Sarah for me!

Nessie xx 🥰😍

Message 6 of 12

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23525 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

Glad to hear your issue was resolved, @Nessie 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 12

KJJ_1982
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Sarah

You seem to be the absolute expert with regards to this on here! Are you able to help me too? Same issue, Code 14 error with Apple Watch Ultra, no help from customer services who didn't have a clue and sent out an esim pack by post to me which I can't do anything with!

Message 8 of 12

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

@KJJ_1982 

@O2nath_ci is on today and might be able to help.

Message 9 of 12

KJJ_1982
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Brilliant, thank you 😃

Message 10 of 12