Did you mean: 

Issues with a galaxy s21+

NeilJT
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

I've recently upgraded and switched to a samsung galaxy s21+. I have two problems with it, one of which is hardware, the other just me needing instructions. i tried contacting o2 with live chat twice already, but each time i was told that the team have already closed. since it just happened the 2nd time, i assume they only work in the morning, so I'm going to try again tomorrow morning. In any case, i don't want the time limit for asking for a replacement to expire and to be told i should have been in contact earlier, like it's already happend once with a tablet, so i'm making this post to leave a record of the problem and the attempts to contact o2 (wednesday 24th and today, thursday 25th).

big problem 1st:

since I’ve received the phone, it has had weird intermittent problems.  it's doing weird things like I’ve never seen before. eg: You click on an app, it opens another (happened quite a few times). Everything on the screen shakes (happened several times, always when I’m selecting from a list of files to open). finally, you click on an item, and something flashes on the screen for a split second, It’s so fast that I couldn’t see what it was until this afternoon, it’s a red dot. or perhaps i should say: at least THIS AFTERNOON it was a red dot, I couldn’t swear on what it was the other times because it’s always in a different spot and I couldn’t focus on it quickly enough. in fact to tell the whole story, until around 40 minutes ago, i wasn't even sure i was actually seeing an artifact since it's so quick to disappear. I thought maybe the screen was catching a reflection. a bright red dot on a field of black clinched it though. yesterday morning I had already transferred things over from my old phone, but I did a factory reset in the hope of not having to go through returning it. It helped somewhat. Ever since I reset it I’ve seen it open the wrong app “only” twice, but the other things have started happening AFTER the reset, at the point of resetting it I had not encountered them yet.

the bit about me needing instructions:

I was told that o2 was going to send me a 5g sim, they gave me instructions on how to enable the new sim (by sending SWAP to a number). So when I received the phone, and there was a sim taped to it, I assumed that was the one they were referring to. I installed it and performed the switch, but the next day i received another sim. This one specifically says 5g, so obviously this is the one. So, i need to know how to activate it.

the hardware problems, of course, trump everything. If you're from o2, and you can help fix this, please get in touch, otherwise i'll try live chat yet again tomorrow morning.

Neil, london

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@NeilJT 

You need to CALL, not chat.

All numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling.
Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
You can also try saying "Upgrade" or "Fraud" to be connected to an advisor.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

The sim swap process is here Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@NeilJT 

You need to CALL, not chat.

All numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling.
Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
You can also try saying "Upgrade" or "Fraud" to be connected to an advisor.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

The sim swap process is here Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@NeilJT Your phone will be covered by warranty. For the issues you're having, other than the sim swap, I'd go to the horse's mouth: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 10

NeilJT
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ok will call o2 tomorrow morning.

@Bambino. Maybe so, but, i've had the phone 3 days, and 1) according to †rading standards, the point of sale is responsible for providing you repairs or replacement, which is good because 2) i had an issue with a samsung mobile years ago, immediately upon opening it, and they wanted me to send it back for repairs. just not gonna happen with a phone that's literally just out of its wrapping (or now) as by the time i get it back again it will have been †hrough the mail 3 times, handled by multiple people, and repaired. I basically end up with a 2nd hand phone, or refurbished, if you prefer, rather than a new one. i'm not dealing with them, or with that, again, i'd much rather return the phone and cancel the upgrade, perhaps try again in 6 months time.

Message 4 of 10

Bambino
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@NeilJT Entirely your call, but if it's a hardware issue O2 are only going to send it to Samsung anyway.

As you're already having so many problems after only three days, maybe your option of canceling the upgrade would be a better choice.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 10

NeilJT
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Bambino.

That's absolutely ok, if they take back a defective item and replace it with a fully working one,  it's up to them what to do with it afterwards. to repair and selling it refurbished as you see on the website would be better than throwing it away and further contribute to the tech waste pile. but we're talking about a 800 quid device that's been in my hands 3 days and had problems from the 1st. if i take on a 36 month payment burden, i will also take a 100% fully working AND brand new device, or opt out of the contract as i can tell you with 100% certainty that i won't have it repaired at this stage. but i also certainly won't do as you say and throw in the towel just like that. sorry, that's just poor advice you're giving out. how about i speak to o2 first and see if there's even a fire on before i sound the alarm and run out of the house? i don't know, does it make sense or is it just me? thank you though.

Message 6 of 10

Bambino
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@NeilJT As far as throwing in the towel is concerned, it was you who suggested canceling the upgrade and trying again in six months, not me, and as far as O2 having to replace your phone with a brand new one and not trying to repair it, I think you had better refer to your Terms & Conditions, which may be different from your interpretation of them.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 10

NeilJT
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Bambino

oh dear.  you're really making us do this, are you? look at you, you bit once and you're not letting go, yet you're suggesting i do, and talk it's cheap, it's not you who's forking over 800 quid.

don't make me do the classic thing of doing an argument by quoting, you know very well what i said. i never claimed i was going to do the classic throw out the baby with the bath water and withdraw from the agreement on the spot on the account of a defective device, which when distilled, was your suggestipon. YOU mentioned warranty and bringing it back to samsung, I told YOU what my experience was with them and that i'm not repeating it, yes i did say what i'd RATHER happen, within those stated conditions, and they haven't happened yet.

but for the sake of this unwanted argument, let's say i did alright? that's your sage advice oh guiding light? yep, give up, what's the point of even trying?  this is the kind of engagement O2 would like you to have with their customers? i'm willing to bet you don't live by such low standards, you fight for your rights, why you're here fighting even when you're wrong.  and where were those terms and conditions when you advised me to give up?

but yes, since we're doing this, let's recap what was said, i did state openly that the purpose of the post was to provide a record of atttempts to contact o2, NOT get your flavor of wisdom, and since i specifically stated that although that was the case, i would have welcomed help by O2 STAFF, and you're not one of them, you're just talking to air out your teeth.

i think by now those around you will have gotten used to you being a waste of space, as far as i'm concerned you're already wasted enough of my TIME, feel free to reply at will, i'm done.

Message 8 of 10

Bambino
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@NeilJT This was never intended to be an argument. I was trying to offer you advice because even though I don't work for O2, I know how all this works. You're not providing a record to O2 by posting here. This is a customer community, and O2 doesn't even monitor it, so you're whistling in the wind. You obviously think you know it all, so go right ahead and do your thing. Now I'm done.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@NeilJT 

O2's policy is to replace with brand new, if faulty, within the first 30 days.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/our-faults-and-repairs-policy

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10