Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Is it possible I can get a new number for an old invalid mobile sim card?

I know since I haven't used it for ages it will be deactivated but can I reactivate and use it but with a different number?

I want to use it on a old mobile which only accepts 5volt sims before 2008?

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Is it possible I can get a new number for an old invalid mobile sim card?

Stop spamming the forum. People have answers in both your original threads, look at their answers

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

I'm not spanning so.......................f......................................................................................................................farinaceous

and btw you obviously haven't read my question as you would relaise no one has asked this quesion to get a suitable answer. Please try find one for me THEN....

Plus I'm dyslexic so searching other forums will be hard for me. I only can spell on here due to the spell checker and re reading my posts several times.

Highlighted
Anonymous

It will be seen as spamming, please read the replies in your other threads

Highlighted
Level 44: Clearly Talented

There's a good chance that the sim has been disowned by O2. Your best bet would be to call CS and quoting the sims ID ask to have it reinstated.

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told Smiley Wink
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

What phone is this by the way? There's a good chance you can pick up a new sim that will run on the correct voltage(many are interchangeable)

out of interest what does "farinaceous" mean red context of your response?

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told Smiley Wink
Highlighted
Anonymous

He will only get a 3G sim supplied now

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Can't you get a 5v 3G sim?

Spoiler
There are three operating voltages for SIM cards: 5 V3 V and 1.8 V (ISO/IEC 7816-3 classes A, B and C, respectively). The operating voltage of the majority of SIM cards launched before 1998 was 5 V. SIM cards produced subsequently are compatible with 3 V and 5 V. Modern cards support 5 V3 V and 1.8 V.

Wiki^^

would appear that the op would only need a modern SIM card and it should function correctly.

without knowing the model of the phone I'm unsure which type of sim would be required(if they are still produced)

Highlighted
Anonymous

Apparently it's a phone from the nineties, not a modern smartphone 

Highlighted

Shouldn't make a difference should it? If its 90s I'd hazard a guess that its the 1ff variation which I don't even remember haha. Apparently the size of a credit card. Smiley Very Happy

I believe all the sizes of sims are identical contacts wise no reason it shouldn't work(maybe wont work with larger capacity cards due to phone limitations)

Main question is "Why?"