cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible I can get a new number for an old invalid mobile sim card?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know since I haven't used it for ages it will be deactivated but can I reactivate and use it but with a different number?

I want to use it on a old mobile which only accepts 5volt sims before 2008?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stop spamming the forum. People have answers in both your original threads, look at their answers

Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not spanning so.......................f......................................................................................................................farinaceous

and btw you obviously haven't read my question as you would relaise no one has asked this quesion to get a suitable answer. Please try find one for me THEN....

Plus I'm dyslexic so searching other forums will be hard for me. I only can spell on here due to the spell checker and re reading my posts several times.

Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

It will be seen as spamming, please read the replies in your other threads

Message 4 of 16

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
There's a good chance that the sim has been disowned by O2. Your best bet would be to call CS and quoting the sims ID ask to have it reinstated.

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 5 of 16

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

What phone is this by the way? There's a good chance you can pick up a new sim that will run on the correct voltage(many are interchangeable)

out of interest what does "farinaceous" mean red context of your response?

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

He will only get a 3G sim supplied now

Message 7 of 16

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

Can't you get a 5v 3G sim?

More info
There are three operating voltages for SIM cards: 5 V3 V and 1.8 V (ISO/IEC 7816-3 classes A, B and C, respectively). The operating voltage of the majority of SIM cards launched before 1998 was 5 V. SIM cards produced subsequently are compatible with 3 V and 5 V. Modern cards support 5 V3 V and 1.8 V.

Wiki^^

would appear that the op would only need a modern SIM card and it should function correctly.

without knowing the model of the phone I'm unsure which type of sim would be required(if they are still produced)

Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently it's a phone from the nineties, not a modern smartphone 

Message 9 of 16

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Shouldn't make a difference should it? If its 90s I'd hazard a guess that its the 1ff variation which I don't even remember haha. Apparently the size of a credit card. grin

I believe all the sizes of sims are identical contacts wise no reason it shouldn't work(maybe wont work with larger capacity cards due to phone limitations)

Main question is "Why?"
Message 10 of 16