Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is 5G working on my iPhone

Diarmuid
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I just got an iPhone 13 mini and new SIM/contract with O2. I live in London and have been within the 5G coverage zone but am not getting 5G network. Wondering if there is anything I need to do to activate or a way of checking my SIM is 5G ready?

Cheers

D

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Diarmuid If the sim you received is an O2 sim it should be 5G. You should call O2 customer service.

Call 202 from your mobile or 0800 032 1402 from any phone or numbers here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say 'Upgrade', 'Lost/Stolen', or 'Fraud' if the suggestion above doesn't get you through.
Best time to call is 8 am.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Diarmuid Is this a completely new contract or did you have a contract with O2 prior to this? If the answer is the latter, you need to do a sim swap from your old sim to the new one if you were sent a new sim with your new phone: SIM Swap: a mini guide (incl eSim) - O2 Community

If you didn't receive a new sim you need to call customer service and request they send one, or call in store if you have one nearby.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

Diarmuid
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@BambinoThanks for the quick reply. No this is a new contract and SIM so figure the SIM should be 5G. I did purchase it through an online reseller if that might make a difference. It is a reputable reseller though. 

… in saying that I’m thinking you’re going to tell me to contact them, aren’t you? slight_smile

Message 3 of 5

Bambino
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Diarmuid If the sim you received is an O2 sim it should be 5G. You should call O2 customer service.

Call 202 from your mobile or 0800 032 1402 from any phone or numbers here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say 'Upgrade', 'Lost/Stolen', or 'Fraud' if the suggestion above doesn't get you through.
Best time to call is 8 am.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

Diarmuid
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Bambino OK, I’ll give them a call in the morning. It’s an o2 SIM for sure and number porting went through fine so hopefully they can sort it. 

Thanks again for the speedy advice

Message 5 of 5