cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is 1GB allowance enough for a smartphone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I'm planning on getting a Galaxy Note 2 on contract and was wondering if the 1GB data it comes with will be enough? I'd mainly use WI-FI at home for any streaming, downloading apps, etc, but when I won't have WI-FI then I'd be using apps like Twitter frequently and just general browsing when needed. I'm worried I'll go over the limit without realising, would O2 be able to cap it so I don't? Hope that's made sense.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As long as you don't stream on 3g you will be fine. 1Gb is more than enough. I only use around 400Mb a month with similar usage to what you are proposing. Also, you won't get charged if you use over your allowance, it will just get painfully s l o w until the next month.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would also say you will be fine I have 1gb on my iphone 5 and have emails pushed through and check facebook twitter etc quite a lot and do a fair bit of browsing and always end up with around 300-400mb left at the end of the month as MI5 has said o2 wont charge you if you go over they will just slow you down to an almost unusable speed

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
1gb more than enough i use roughly 600mb a month with my iphone4s, I regular check emails, twitter, news and surf the internet.
Message 4 of 6

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

On a Blackberry its more than enough. I can't even break 100MB on a good month!

Message 5 of 6

Stevoc19
Level 1: Joiner
  • 23 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ive got the SGS3 and i am on flika, tweeting, using google+ and appy geek to read on at least an hours journey to work in morning than back again. ive never gone over 600mb in a month.
Message 6 of 6