Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International calling

Jadee02
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I tried calling Canada several times however it kept saying that there would be a charge if i continued with call however the call never went through. It appears that i have been charged for this. I was finally able to get through to Canada which i will pay for but Shld i b charged if i was getting that warning or if no one picked up on the other end?

I would call o2 but its currently only for emergency calls only!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

@Jadee02 You'll have to speak to customer service about the call charges. Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Unfortunately, you have to lie these days in order to speak to them. O2 doesn't consider your call important because you're not buying anything, so you have to use the Upgrade, Lost/Stolen, or Fraud option to get through. Otherwise you'll just be disconnected.

Below is alternative advice from an O2 Guru on how to get through.
Call 202 from your mobile.
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone. You may also have to lie in this instance too.

For future reference, when you call Canada, if you and the people you're calling use WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger, you can call for free if you place the calls over WiFi rather than using the network. No charge to them if they call you over WiFi as well.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jadee02 Hi, if the call went to voicemail you could be charged, even if was just for a second or two.

Message 3 of 4

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@Jadee02 sadly you will be charged as soon as the call is connected, if it went to voicemail, or rang out to the point where you receive any automated messages regarding no answer from O2s side you have connected the call so it will be charged.

If you hung up before you were connected then you can contact them to challenge the charges.
Message 4 of 4