Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Calls from Europe to Australia

Francophile
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How to avoid being charged 3 GBP a minute?  I am currently in Europe but need to phone family in Australia from time to time.  I was going to buy the international bolt on package, but apparently it only works if I am calling from the UK.  It seems O2 Travel only works if I am the one in Australia.  How do I resolve this?  Due to coronavirus I was unable to go back to the UK as soon as planned.  I've spent ages going through FAQs and then tried the 02 online chat, but it just goes through its entire repertoire and the answers become less and less relevant.  02 are asking customers not to phone in order to keep the lines free for health workers and more urgent issues.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Francophile 

Use WhatsApp, Facebook messenger etc?

Or Skype.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Francophile 

Use WhatsApp, Facebook messenger etc?

Or Skype.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Francophile
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your solution.  We are already using Skype, Zoom etc. but sometimes have to pick up the phone when those don't work.  I wondered if there was an 02 alternative, but clearly not.  Many thanks MI5.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Francophile 

No way around the international charges otherwise, sorry.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4