cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance

Anonymous
Not applicable
I pay £10 a month to O2 for insurance on my iPhone 6 and last night it refused to allow we to charge it. I put a claim in, after they told me to do that at the O2 Store, and... Get this!... They Decline to accept the claim because I haven't accidentally dropped it on the floor, knocked it off anywhere, dropped it in the bath or sink, not had it out in the rain, etc, etc, etc... WTF!!!!!! Why the bloody hell am I paying them £10 a month exactly?????!!!!!!
I will point out that my phone is exactly 1 day outside of its Warranty... 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
Thanks a bunch O2. You may be losing a loyal customer next year.
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

Welcome to the Community @Anonymous. Sorry to hear about your experience.

Most O2 insurance policies (and many other third parties) don't cover hardware faults with the device unfortunately. It would be accidental damage, theft and loss that's covered. The policy details would have been presented at the point of sale, and in the policy documents subsequently delivered to your home or email account.

Have you visited an Apple Genius to see if this is a problem that can be easily solved?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

Welcome to the Community @Anonymous. Sorry to hear about your experience.

Most O2 insurance policies (and many other third parties) don't cover hardware faults with the device unfortunately. It would be accidental damage, theft and loss that's covered. The policy details would have been presented at the point of sale, and in the policy documents subsequently delivered to your home or email account.

Have you visited an Apple Genius to see if this is a problem that can be easily solved?

Message 2 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

If this is 1 day out of warranty make an apple genius appointment you may find that they fix it for free. Or offer a reasonable price repair. Or at worst an out of warranty replacement .

Links to follow . 

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/iphone/repair/service/pricing

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/finance-and-insurance

O2 do have a policy for out of warranty issues but I think it was a specific one I have it included free on my 6s 30gb tariff 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 insurance doesn't seem worth the money the policy is written on it 

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

O2 insurance doesn't seem worth the money the policy is written on it 

I have a much better deal linked in to my Nationwide account. Every mobile owned by my husband and myself is covered and a very low excess. I haven't had cause to use it but my friend has and says it's excellent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Welcome to the Forum @Anonymous It's definitely worth checking the terms of your policy to see what is and isn't covered in regards to faults. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I would also shop around to compare insurance policies @Anonymous O2 Insure is very expensive by comparison with many others. Look at the excess on each one and read the fine print to see exactly what is covered.... Just as important ....look at customer reviews wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7