Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance complaint getting nowhere

Laura891
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I'll start from beginning on 12th May I called insurance put in claim for my Samsung s6 phone was collected on 15th May received email 18th May claim was successful o2 be in touch about replacement.
28th May nothing so I called and device was ordered.
Device arrived 30th May put SIM in and came up network blocked enter oil would not accept code called o2 told send me new SIM arrived 1st June same message appeared called back told I'd receive call back on 2nd June I put in request for imei to be unblocked received call back insurance said was a technical issue technical called says could not help was customer service issue received email from o2 they could not unblock device as was not a o2 network device called customer services to be told was a faulty device and was insurance issue she spoke to manager and agreed to clear my balance and give me free early upgrade today my balance has not been cleared 24 hours later when I was told to call back.
I've not had a device since 12th May and o2 have been so unhelpful to me I'm paying my bill for nothing now.
I'm calling back tomorrow and asking for a manager as call handlers are no help to me I just keep getting handed department to department.
I cannot go to my nearest store as it's 30 miles away and I do not drive and due to health cannot use public transport.
Please any advice as I'm stuck what to do now.
I would leave o2 but due to a poor credit score I'd find it hard elsewhere and I live rural so signal options are o2 only
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144662 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions

Hi @Laura891 I suggest you register a complaint with Resolver.

Complaints process is here https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I would also Google for the email address of the CEO  and send an email to his office.

You can also post on O2's Facebook and Twitter pages.

Good luck slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23149 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

That's an absolute horror story, @Laura891. You must pursue your complaint as far as you can take it. Hopefully you'll get this resolved and get a new phone, and get some compensation for all this too. Please come back and keep us updated. Best of luck.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 14

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 4 of 14

Laura891
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks everyone.
Yeah I have googled and emailed CEO.
My partner has put a complaint in through ombudsmen as well with proof of all emails.
Calling up again today to order new handset so hopefully I have working handset by tomorrow.
Message 5 of 14

Laura891
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Little update called o2 today about my new upgrade on sat I was told 24 hours now I've been told Thursday before I can upgrade and get my new device.
As they need to wait until bill period ends. So another 2 days without a mobile again. I'm not taking out o2 insurance I'm going to look elsewhere for my insurance.
Message 6 of 14

Laura891
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Another update I've pasted email I've received from CEO email

Hello Laura

Thank you for your email to Mark Evans.

We’re sorry about your recent experience and can confirm that we will be conducting a thorough investigation into your concerns. Once we have completed our investigation, we will let you know the outcome. This is usually within 5 working days but we’ll try to contact you sooner.

If you haven’t provided any account information in your email please reply to let us have this, along with a contact telephone number we can reach you on. This will help avoid any delays.
Message 7 of 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23149 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Laura891 You'd be much better off looking for insurance elsewhere anyway. Many home contents policies cover phones these days, and banks offer insurance as well. I'm sure you can find a better deal than what is being offered from O2. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 14

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Any insurance is only as good as the claims process. There are cheaper options out there to be honest so shop around. 

Message 9 of 14

Laura891
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yeah we have sky q so I think for 9.99 a month we can cover both boxes and 1 device.
Message 10 of 14