Did you mean: 

Insurance Claim Question

Alyssa
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all,

I made an insurance claim for a cracked screen after my friend managed to drop my phone. I phoned and claimed on Thursday (8th March) and my phone was collected the following day. I was told it would take 3-5 working days and the email I got just before collection said they would tell me when they got my phone and would send me a replacement phone.

It is now Thursday the 15th of March and I have heard nothing from them. I have went nearly a week without a phone which is important for me as I am 19 and work late in a busy city centre and I need to be able to contact parents if the worst was to happen.

My question is: What are the chances I get my phone tomorrow (Friday 16th) and did anyone else have this issue with no body contacting them and giving them updates on their claims?

Sorry it is so long, felt like as much information would be needed to make a proper answer. I have a Samsung Galaxy J5 2017 in for repair.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I’d suggest you call customer service and see if they can chase it up for you.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Have you tried the repair tracking site?
https://o2repairs.sbeglobalservice.com
Message 2 of 6

Alyssa
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I did try to however, I wasn't given a reference number and there isn't anything in the email they sent me.
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I’d suggest you call customer service and see if they can chase it up for you.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122373 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AlyssaI do find it peculiar that you haven't been given a tracking/reference number for your device.

Even worse that you are having to chase this up yourself

I hope when you contact customer services, they are able to give you a positive update on the status of your claim. Best of luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Alyssa, did you manage to get additional info from Insurance in the end regarding your phone and replacement?

Message 6 of 6