cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase in Tariff Cost

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone please clarify for me.....

I have received an email to say that the tariff i am on will soon increase in cost.  I took out a 24-month contract with O2, so am shocked to see that the cost is increasing!!  Does this not completely go against the point of having a contract??  All of the terms are clearly stated (i.e. the cost per month, the term, who and when...) and then signed. 

Unless someone is about to copy and paste the tiniest piece of smallprint in the world, i think we're all being had!!  If O2 can increase is by 50p today, can they increase it by £50 tomorrow??

And, if they can make changes, can i change my contract duration to say, 1 month??

Message 1 of 173
172 REPLIES 172

Anonymous
Not applicable

I too received the "increase" email today. I switched from PAYG to monthly last June as o2 offered me a deal whereby I could have a new Blackberry 9300 for just £11 per month, just £1 more than I was topping up. The "real" cost was £21, plus £3 data package but I received a "loyalty bonus" of a £13 per month reduction as I had been a 02 customer for several years.

If this is how 02 "repay" loyal customers then I won't bother renewing with them next May. Yes, by all means, increase the tariffs for new customers but why increase the tariffs of those who have signed contracts, regardless of what their T & Cs say they have the right to do? The amount is small, but it's the principal and seems to me to be a case of jumping on the bandwagon. If they insist on increasing monthly tariff rates, then why not look at useage? I use no minutes or any data download,  I just use texts as essentially, my mobile is for emergency contact when I'm out and about.

Message 11 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adamtemp64 wrote:

@Anonymous all the other networks have done it last year as well lots of complaint in the press

Hi Adam,

Would I be right in saying that the others increased their prices but still remained very competitive compared to O2's prices?

O2 have always been at the top end of pricing. Increases to pay for licences, to pay the government?

It is a quick way to make £30million pounds a month extra, that pays for their investment of £1million pound a day nonsense.

Take care pal. Did you notice I was a tipster? What nonsense.

Andy

Message 12 of 173

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@af orange was over 4% last year and they have done it for at least 2 years before that.

But Yes it will pay towards o2's share of the 4g auction

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 13 of 173

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I would like to see more utility companies (well, any companies) adding a more human element to their operations.  Recognising the struggles their clientelle are facing,

+1 for that . My Gas & Electric has just gone up £16 a month too, along with Sky, my broadband etc... Add it all up and I'll probably be paying out around an extra £30 a month next year for the same (crap) service as I get this year 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adamtemp64 wrote:

@Anonymous orange was over 4% last year and they have done it for at least 2 years before that.

But Yes it will pay towards o2's share of the 4g auction

I suppose I should have said that since 1992, it has never happened to me. I suppose I have been lucky.

Orange prices and deals were crazy low and I often wondered how they were making money. Clearly they were not.

Yep, they are all miles away from offering a decent 3g service, yet they are draining customers pockets to pay for 4g.

Like I say, I can cope with my £1.15 increase, but others are not so fortunate.

Message 15 of 173

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Strange too, there is another team phoning broadband customers and offering reductions.

My broadband has just been reduced by 50%, puzzling!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 16 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

After spending a LONG time comparing companies and tariffs I chose o2 just one month ago. How dare they increase a price on a tariff contract? I don't care if in the small print it says they can increase their prices - its wrong. We should be given a get out clause free of charge if we are not happy with this. Ofcom are not happy about this situation either - come on Ofcom get working on this. Left O2 broadband and phone. Unfortunately it will have to be 2 years before I leave their mobile contract too

Message 17 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

The increase in tariff O2 say is to keep in line with inflation, I'm a nurse and for past few years have had no pay rise and dont expect one in 2013..........wish my wages kept up with inflation!!!!!!!

Message 18 of 173

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
We all do 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 173

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The increase in tariff O2 say is to keep in line with inflation, I'm a nurse and for past few years have had no pay rise and dont expect one in 2013..........wish my wages kept up with inflation!!!!!!!

You're not alone, I ran my own business and rarely had a price rise either!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 20 of 173