Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Default

FWF101
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I took out an O2 pay monthly SIM card in June last year. I had it for 3 days then cancelled due to terrible reception. I was told I had nothing to pay and the account would be closed. I then got charged a £54 leaving fee which I queried and was told was incorrect and that it would be rectified. It wasn’t and has now become a default on my credit report. I have been trying to sort this out with O2 as I have now had my mortgage in principle declined. I’ve sold my house and am applying for a mortgage. Apparently it’s all with the amendments team but I can’t chase it up and have no idea how long it’s going to take. I need it done ASAP. Can anyone help ? Thank you 

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149364 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

Only credit file referrals can correct this.

A complaint is pointless (and will just delay things) as it will just be passed on to them anyway.

Keep persisting with CFR team @FWF101 and in the meantime, add a notice of correction yourself.

Notice of Correction | Experian

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
  • 149364 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@FWF101 

You need to contact the CFR team.

The email address is creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Or you can write or fax them:
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 14

FWF101
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have I’m getting nothing back from them. Payment management say it’s all been sent to amendments. I can see this has happened to allot of people. It’s disgusting I had an excellent credit report until this. It’s completely messed up my mortgage in principle I had they do t give it to me now through no fault of my own. This shouldn’t be allowed to happen. 

Message 3 of 14

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9269 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@FWF101 

Sadly, if the Credit File Referrals Team have not sorted this out for you as per @MI5's suggestion, your only recourse within O2 will be to lodge a complaint. However, complaints are taking eight weeks to investigate and issue a response to, and during that period, no other team within O2 is likely to want to engage with you. Hence, a complaint is a last resort.  

If you want to complain, please see :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

The other avenue that you could consider is to e-mail the main credit reference agencies - Equifax, Experian and the like. You will find contact details for them via Google. I do not know if that is likely to solve your problem, but you might want to try.  

Message 4 of 14

MI5
  • 149364 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

Only credit file referrals can correct this.

A complaint is pointless (and will just delay things) as it will just be passed on to them anyway.

Keep persisting with CFR team @FWF101 and in the meantime, add a notice of correction yourself.

Notice of Correction | Experian

Message 5 of 14

FWF101
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone, thank you for taking the time to reply to me. Thankfully it is all sorted now it has been removed from my credit report and my score is back to excellent. I cannot tell you how relieved I am. Thank you all again. 

Message 6 of 14

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7925 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

Great. 

All the best

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 149364 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

Good news @FWF101 

Message 8 of 14

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9269 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

That's excellent news @FWF101👍

Message 9 of 14

Kieran1995
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions