Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

I think my account has been hacked

I received an e-mail stating an order has been placed on my account for an iphone and i checked my o2 account and sure enough i have a bill for £1600 for a phone i didnt order, i have changed the password for my o2 and my email and done a virus scan and it came up clean.

is there any way to cancel this online or do i have to wait until thr moring for the phones to open?

Highlighted
Topics: 700

Re: I think my account has been hacked

@Benzii 

You need to contact customer services asap. They open at 8am in the morning Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

More info here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/fraud-advice

Best of luck. Welcome to the forum.

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner

Yeah, i will as soon as the phonelines open, looks like i'm not sleeping tonight.

Highlighted
Topics: 556
Solutions: 3,456

You need to call customer service and ask to be put through to the fraud team. Call them first thing around 8.30am. Don't use live chat for this

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Highlighted
Level 28: Ingenious

Hello @Benzii 

Very sorry to hear your account has been hacked, good advices from community follow these. I can emphasize with you have had bad hack and pursued by scammers.

I also understand how terrible it feels, can't sleep. Hope today will see you on the road to getting this sorted out with o2. Please come back and let us know how it goes, give your experience here, it can help others.

Kindest regards and best wishes TallTrees

Highlighted

Hi @jonsie
I was just thinking there must be a fraud team at o2 when I read your post, good to know, thanks for posting that. TALLTREES 👍👍👍

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

@TallTrees wrote:
Hi @jonsie
I was just thinking there must be a fraud team at o2 when I read your post, good to know, thanks for posting that. TALLTREES 👍👍👍

It's also in the link I posted @TallTrees . Also recommends that you report it to Action Fraud UK (The National Fraud agency) https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/a-z-of-fraud/identity-fraud-and-identity-theft

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted

Thanks @Cleoriff
I don't read all the links, thank you for pointing this out. I dare say though if it happened to me I would be shouting for you all👍👍😰😰

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

@TallTrees wrote:
Thanks @Cleoriff
I don't read all the links, thank you for pointing this out. I dare say though if it happened to me I would be shouting for you all👍👍😰😰

You and me both @TallTrees 

Absolute scum who do this to innocent people. Evil

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted
Topics: 556
Solutions: 3,456

This isn't as prevail ant as it used to be thankfully.