cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot call premium rate 7 digit numbers

Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried to vote in the Eurovision Song Contest yesterday using the 7 digit number for mobiles, and each time the call failed. This is a problem I have had ever since I have been on O2 network with many different handsets. O2 are adamant that there is no premium rate call restrictions on my account, however are unable to tell me why I can't dial these numbers.
The number I was trying to call was 6225201 and 6225210. My friend was able to vote from her mobile using the same number, but this issue has been going on for me for years. O2 say it's an iPhone issue, but like I said it has happened on all previous handsets. Please help someone!
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144160 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Definitely a premium bar on the account - I have it on all mine to stop the kids from voting in the various rubbish programmes they watch.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you put in the international code before the 7 number?

If you've had it on different handsets then it must be an account issue, I'd contact cs again
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144160 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Definitely a premium bar on the account - I have it on all mine to stop the kids from voting in the various rubbish programmes they watch.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3