cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't unlock my 02 Sim because the IMEI number has not been used on the network??

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I reccently moved to Australia and when I got here I had to get a replacement phone from the Apple Store as the phone charging portal had broken. I orginally tried to put in my O2 sim but it wouldn't take it so I put in my new Australian Vodaphone Sim and it worked. A week later I needed to see my texts from my O2 sim, so tried it again in my new replacement phone and it micarously worked. However when I went to swap back to my Aussie Sim it had locked and now the only sim which would work in it was my O2 one. I have rang O2 many times about unlocking/unlatching it and I recieved an email saying they couldnt at this time as 'the IMEI number has not been used on our network, so it will not be possible to unlatch it.' Is there anything I can do as I now have a new Iphone 7 that I can't use and is stopping me getting work as I dont have a working Aussie number. My monthly bill is also so expenive at the moment as I have to use (although I try as little as possible) my 02 sim in a foreign country. I have heard about somehow making the phone think it is in england and then ringing an english number for about 20mins??

Please help, many thanks,

Katherine slight_smile 

More info

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
The only way is to send the phone to someone in England and ask them to use the phone here so you can request the code.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
The only way is to send the phone to someone in England and ask them to use the phone here so you can request the code.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2