Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I asked to change my PAYM contract with o2 to have my old number from Virgin

Kadaj22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 16 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I requested a change of number with my current PAYM contract with o2. I wanted my old number from Virgin and I got the PAC code. I rang o2 customer services and went through the process with them. They told me it should have been done by midnight yesterday but allow some extra time for it to change and not to use the SIM. I took the SIM card out and haven’t been using it since 2 days ago. I check on Myo2 to see if my number has changed but nothing yet. Am I supposed to cancel the rolling contract with Virgin before it can proceed with the switch? How will I know it has been switched over yet and am I able to use my SIM or will that mess up the process of switching? Do I need to put my SIM back in for it to change and so that I can see it on Myo2?
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23040 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Kadaj22  It sounds as if the port hasn't gone through. If your contract with Virgin is still running you may have to ask them for the PAC again. Take a look at this guide and scroll down to the relevant paragraph: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-get-your-PAC-July-2019-Update/ba-p/1052278#M12896...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23040 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Kadaj22  It sounds as if the port hasn't gone through. If your contract with Virgin is still running you may have to ask them for the PAC again. Take a look at this guide and scroll down to the relevant paragraph: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-get-your-PAC-July-2019-Update/ba-p/1052278#M12896...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi there @Kadaj22 , how are you getting on this week? As it's been a few days since you last posted so I just wanted to check if you got everything sorted with your account in the end, or if you need any additional help?

Message 3 of 3