cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to swap a Pay Monthly SIM to PAYG?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys

My brother kindly gave me his old Samsung S4 phone to upgrade my S2 at Christmas.  He left his Pay Monthly SIM in and reset the phone.  I then transferred everything via SwapMySim over to his SIM not realising that the 2 SIMs are totally different (took me days to figure out why I couldn't send texts but could do everything else).

SO I'm now just wanting to get info on whether I can just buy a new PAYG SIM & then do the same process again to transfer my details, or is there anything else I need to know before doing so. in order to keep my same number etc?
Thanks

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Best of luck @Anonymous (you may need to change your user name when it's sorted) LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL - the user name came out of a vexed reaction to it taking me an hour (!!!) to actually manage to get the forum software to firstly accept my previous login which it wouldn't, then I had to reset my password which it then wouldn't accept #in Firefox, but would when I used IE.  Finally after lots of hassle on that score, it then wanted my User Name but wouldn't accept any of the 4 previous more mundane ones I wanted, so finally almost for a joke I tried the IGiveUp, & whaddya know - THEN it was happy & I could finally post slight_smile

But you're right - may well change it if all goes well tomorrow - we'll see. 

Message 12 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

You obviously are the type to persevere ...so good for you. Oh and welcome to the forum by the way...Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 32

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It'll be "IGiveUp_Again" wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It'll be "IGiveUp_Again" wink

Should be "INeverGiveUp".....Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck @Anonymous you may even be connected when you walk out of the store, that's happened for me the past 2 times I've upgraded 

Message 16 of 32

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
I agree with @Anonymous, normal done time you're out of store
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 17 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok - looks like I may go & change my nickname after all slight_smile  - finally, FINALLY sorted - took 4 hours in the end, but at least it's all done & hopefully I'll have no more hassles from here on.  Bouncy

Now, if I could ever just get this flaming forum software to play ball it would be great - but hoping to not need to return for a bit so not going to fight with it - says I'm logged in, then wants me to log in before letting me post, and then coming up with errors when I try - go figure!!

Thanks to all for your help, info & above all humour along the way.  Really appreciated!!

Message 18 of 32

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You know where we are now..... If you can ever log in again wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 32

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 20 of 32