cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to swap a Pay Monthly SIM to PAYG?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys

My brother kindly gave me his old Samsung S4 phone to upgrade my S2 at Christmas.  He left his Pay Monthly SIM in and reset the phone.  I then transferred everything via SwapMySim over to his SIM not realising that the 2 SIMs are totally different (took me days to figure out why I couldn't send texts but could do everything else).

SO I'm now just wanting to get info on whether I can just buy a new PAYG SIM & then do the same process again to transfer my details, or is there anything else I need to know before doing so. in order to keep my same number etc?
Thanks

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123303 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Oh please return @Anonymous...we like folk who appreciate a sense of humour....(we are such a weird bunch you see) LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 32

MI5
  • 144876 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Some more so than others.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL - knowing my luck with technology - it won't be long before I'm annoying you all again.  but as nice as it's been to make your (online) acquaintance/s - I hope it won't be too soon either, unless I figure out a fix for my post issues!

Right, I'm off to fight with the infamous Windows 10 - much easier to deal with as at least I'm in familiar territory.  Having severe hand arthritis mobile phones aren't something I enjoy using always but do appreciate having a mini computer out & about with me the odd time.

Message 23 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 123303 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Hey....no one could start as low as me on the 'knowledge of technology chain'...It was posting on this forum and a lot of help from the guys on here that stopped me being so technophobic ..Anyway lovely to meet you.. and we are usually about if you need us wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 32

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous..the forum is a laugh as well as having some very clever people to help with technology issues so feel free to join the mayhem Smiley Very Happy

Windows 10 deffo has issues..but most of them had some. We'll get there wink x

giphy-3
Message 25 of 32

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Please come back anytime, always someone here to help, commiserate or laugh along.....

Message 26 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous glad to hear you were able to solve it slight_smile

Message 27 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 123303 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous glad to hear you were able to solve it slight_smile

@Anonymous never did 'give up'....Bouncy