cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to divert a call from a particular number to my mobile if not answered on my landline?

Frustration
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dirvert / Forward - whatever it is called.

I don't usually give out my mobile number to anyone but family don't use it at all when I am in the house, preferring to use my land line 95% of the time (and anyway I might not be near my mobile, whereas I have a land line handset in every room).

For a while it is important that I can be reached by incoming calls to my land line from one or two specific numbers. If I am in the house there is no problem, but if I go out and cannot answer the land line I'd like calls from those particular numbers sent to my mobile instead if they don't get answered on my land line (I don't want to forward/divert every call to my mobile).

Can this be done? if so how?

I have a Truecall call blocker device which might complicate things as this would normal send unanswered calls to its own answerphone, therefore 'answering' the call.

I have looked extensively but most places seem to be talking about mobiles, not landlines.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Frustration 

Your only option would be to divert all calls to your mobile.

I don't know of any way to be specific.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Frustration
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can that be done quickly and easily?

ie if I want to go out for a walk can I divert all calls to my mobile before I go and then turn the divert off when I come back?

How do I divert all calls anyway?

Would the answerphone kick in first or would the call be diverted without even reaching my land line?

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Frustration 

The call is diverted immediately so would not go to landline answerphone.

Assumig you have a digital landline, call divert codes are the same as your mobile and are listed in this guide. 

Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Frustration
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks but that guide seems to be telling me how to divert calls using my mobile, not my land line

Quote "There are four call diversion options available which you can set up from your mobile:"

ie

Divert calls when there is no reply
To activate ** 61 * phone number * 11 * no seconds# SEND
To cancel ## 61 # SEND
To check status * # 61 # SEND

I don't have a 'Send' button on my land line. 

If I'm meant to this from my mobile do I enter my land line number at stage 1?

I don't want to end up dirverting calls from my mobile to my land line but the other way round

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Frustration 

Send is the call button, but as I said, it's the same process assuming you have a digital landline and phone?

If you have an old analogue or dial type phone, you can't do it.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

To divert calls from your landline you would need to set this up with your landline provider

Message 7 of 7