cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for O2 to update your credit file?

cyrillicguy
Level 8: Talented
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi

Was browsing through my credit file with Equifax, and noticed that my loan agreements with O2 (Device Plans on Refresh) haven't been updated yet.

I've settled two of them recently - one over a month ago, another - just a few days ago, yet can't see the records being updated accordingly, not even for the first one.

Are O2 not supposed to put a mark on your credit file / delete your relevant credit agreement once the Device Plan is fully paid off?

Would anyone know? @Toby? slight_smile

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144373 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
It can take up to 6 months. Is not necessarily down to O2 either. It could depend on how frequently the individual agencies update their records.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
It might be the fact that the direct debit you used I'd still waiting to be debited or is still active & that's maybe why it's not updated
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
  • 93239 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144373 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
It can take up to 6 months. Is not necessarily down to O2 either. It could depend on how frequently the individual agencies update their records.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

how long does it take for 02 to accept payments from a customer answer 2minutes how long does it take to credit , days /weeks . whats a joke, answer 02

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144373 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

how long does it take for 02 to accept payments from a customer answer 2minutes how long does it take to credit , days /weeks . whats a joke, answer 02

Complaint process here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

You are just talking to customers on the forum, not O2 itself.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

o2 knowingly sent inaccurate information to credit reference agencies less than 24 hours after i signed a new contract - my account is paid to date - how can i get a new 2 year contract with 2 late payments ?

Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 93239 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

o2 knowingly sent inaccurate information to credit reference agencies less than 24 hours after i signed a new contract - my account is paid to date - how can i get a new 2 year contract with 2 late payments ?

With difficulty I would think.  I don't think they would knowingly send inaccurate information.  In error,  yes.  As we are all customers here with no access to your account you need to call customer service to try to get this resolved. 

You can also make a complaint using the link at the foot of the page. 

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144373 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Have you got agreement from O2 that they will correct your credit file, in writing?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9