cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I transfer control/billing of their number to grown up children?

Bosshogg
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've 5 numbers on my O2 account, none of them mine (I have business phone via Vod), for each of my kids... As most have now grown up and moved out, how do I give them control (and billing) of their own numbers.

They are all on SIM only, and most are showing upgrade available (out of contract?) 

Is it just a case of applying for a PAC code on each, and they use that to set up new account? 

Can that still be with O2 or do they have to move to another provider using PAC? 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149972 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@Bosshogg 

They need to apply for their own contracts as they will have to pass credit checks.

Once they have them, their numbers just need to be migrated to the new accounts.

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 149972 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@Bosshogg 

They need to apply for their own contracts as they will have to pass credit checks.

Once they have them, their numbers just need to be migrated to the new accounts.

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

Bosshogg
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks... I did find an O2 article online about that but it states that both of us need to be present at same time, and they need to  already have an o2 account. 

It seems a bit ott (they are hours away) , when they can just send a text to get a PAC code and go to new network.

In this day and age would have thought it could be done using likes of a 3 way zoom call. 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 149972 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@Bosshogg 

You can do it on a call to O2. 
Just use the conference calling facility on your phones. 

Message 4 of 4