cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a £10 PAYG refund?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Topped up £10 3 times, only needed twice. Is this possible? Is it easy?
Thanks
Message 1 of 31
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the warm welcome Toby and to everyone else errr... Thanks for the welcome grin Ha!..

Ok, so I've been busy with my real life today but I've just had my tussle with O2 and would love to say I got my money back straight away, but I'm not ashamed to say I've taken a stumble at the first hurdle!!.. Could have all been avoided though, please do read on...

It went a little something like this...
I called O2 CS explained their balance did not update and the website was glitchy during payment and 3 £10 payments were taken instead of 2. After speaking to the helpful Amanda she got the 'OK' from her manager for me to call my bank and inform them O2 said its ok to do a 'charge back' for one £10 payment... So far so good grin

Calls Lloyds, they need a letter headed fax from O2 to verify this is the case (important - required when using a DEBIT CARD). This is where it gets sticky...

I then spoke to Emma at O2 CS (who did offer £5 credit as a good will gesture at this point, I assumed it wasn't 'virtual credit' 😉 and after 3 attempts and 5minutes on hold, I spoke with her very apologetic manager - Joe.

Joe explained its against security policy to send a fax to my bank?! This is because I'm a PAYG customer (not monthly) so they don't have my details...??

Hmmmm... I distinctly recall entering my full name, fill address and even DOB when registering last night?!

I do find this truly bizarre as its a simple fax for crying out loud!!.. Oh well... Joe unfortunately could not go against the company policy.

So this is where it ends....??

I call Lloyds back - and here's a good tip and reminder for all:
ALWAYS USE A CREDIT CARD when purchasing online, a charge back is instant even when the transaction is pending, as are my 3 £10 top ups... And O2 had OK'd it! :S

With a debit card I have to wait for the £10 to go through then dispute it with O2 via Lloyds.
Lloyds WILL instantly put the £10 back into my account and then contact O2 and tell them it shouldn't have been taken in the first place and then voila - problem solved........
Unless O2 disagree in which case the £10 goes back to them!!!

I could obviously write a letter of complaint to accompany my payment dispute with Lloyds but really.... I'm too busy being important to giffgaff grin

I think as long as I don't use the £10 credit I'm sure O2 will do the right thing in the end slight_smile ...The end. grin

These communities can be really helpful if one persons experiences can help assist in another's conundrum, I do hope I've played my part and hopefully will see you all again soon.
Ta Ta for now grin

View solution in original post

Message 29 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Call cs on 4445
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Topped up £10 3 times, only needed twice. Is this possible? Is it easy?
Thanks

I would say no. You could try ringing 4445 and ask...I doubt they will refund though?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 31

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

No they definitely won't refund you I'm afraid. Save the phone call....:smileywink:

Message 4 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will say it was a slip of the finger grin
Message 5 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Really? But I haven't made one call or text? Surely I have some rights?? Haha!
Message 6 of 31

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Worth a shot - plead stupidity wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
If me and O2 hope to have any kind of future relationship they need to help me out. I like a good tussle with a major corporation. Wish me luck grin
Message 9 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
My favourite card!! grin
Message 10 of 31