cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I stop receiving SMS notifications about bills?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone help?  How can I stop receiving SMS notifications about bills, such as "O2: Your latest bill is now ready to view at My O2 ...".

I don't do much in the way of texting, but I like to know when a text message comes in, so I leave my message tone enabled most of the time. However, being interrupted from what I'm doing, sometimes in company, just to be informed that my O2 bill is ready to view (it's paid by DD, anyway), can be very irritating and intrusive.

I did once manage to get to chat online with a team member, where I explained that I couldn't find anywhere on the My 02 website where I could choose to turn off this feature, so she told me that she would do it for me. Fine, I thought, until just now, when I received yet another bill notification - clearly, whatever it was that she did (if anything), it didn't work.

Does anyone out there know how to fix this?

Any useful advice would be very much appreciated.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

You will have to call customer services to discuss this http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

You will have to call customer services to discuss this http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

I don't actually think there is anyway to do this yourself...unless you turn text sound off in your phone settings....I personally look forward to getting the text and emails.... It reminds me to go and look/check my bill.....

I don't even know that O2 CS could remove just text notifications from your account. Maybe someone else could confirm....??

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You can turn of general marketing texts in your MyO2. Go to the 'more" tab then go to "My choices" but this will not stop bill notifications as everyone gets them regardless of those settings.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Thanks for confirming @MI5. Not sure how the OP could have been told by CS that they would do this for them?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Thanks for confirming @MI5. Not sure how the OP could have been told by CS that they would do this for them?

I assume cs were thinking about generic marketing notifications?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

I assume cs were thinking about generic marketing notifications?

Possibly....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 8 of 8