Did you mean: 

Help required. O2 Switch up Mess!

j1234
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can someone help!

I recently completed an O2 switch up, returned my old device and then received the notification that the device was returned successfully to O2, however my bill still shows this old device on my account and I am still being charged for it! O2 stated I need to go instore to amend but they can't do anything, billing, customer services, switch up team and the contracts team cannot do a thing about it (useless) I was on a call for 2 hours trying to resolve this and O2 hung up!

I am now getting desperate can anyone help?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144528 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27712 Solutions

@j1234 

Nothing can be done from here, sorry. 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10206 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@j1234 

I have had this as have a fair number of people when it comes to this problem.. 

The way I solved it was by calling the payment mangement team on 0800 902 0217 they can see it and can resolve it so don't take any rubbish from them. 

They should be able to resolve it there and then, and close the old device plan down properly. 

@Dave-O2 could you help the Op out here, same Issue I had with the device plan not been cleared down... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 15

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 652 Posts
  • 40 Topics
  • 16 Solutions

Thanks for flagging @madasaf1sh 

@j1234 Can you please drop me a PM with some more details on what's happened so far? 

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 4 of 15

j1234
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

PM sent Dave, Thanks

Message 5 of 15

Mithun88g
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @j1234 , were you able to sort out your issue? I'm facing the exact same problem. Its been 2 months since I'm running around with this problem. I'm being kicked back and forth between customer service and O2 store and no where near getting this resolved.

Message 6 of 15

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5833 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Dave-O2 

Can you help @Mithun88g too please ? 

Message 7 of 15

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 652 Posts
  • 40 Topics
  • 16 Solutions

Thanks @Oxonian 

@Mithun88g Can you please drop me a PM with some more details on what's happened?

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 8 of 15

Mithun88g
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Dave-O2 , sent you a PM.

Message 9 of 15

j1234
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

Yes but not without hassle @Dave-O2 has been very helpful.  I would also ask to talk to billing they eventually sorted my issue but it has taken about 2months in total.  It really has put me off being a future customer.

Message 10 of 15