cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok basically , I wanted to pay of my contract then cancel it.. I paid £325 rest of my air time bill did I pay for the right one? Cause it says " to upgrade your phone you must pay of the device plan " did I pay the wrong one?
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It would appear so, if you made the payment online then it has more than likely paid towards the airtime plan.
To upgrade you need to clear your device plan and this can only be paid by telephone.
If you made a payment after following the links to upgrade it will have paid off your device plan.
Call customer services first thing and find out where the payment went. Worst case scenario is that they will refund you and you can then follow the upgrade links in my O2 to make the correct upgrade payment, however they may just be able to transfer the balance straight over and upgrade you over the phone.
Good luck

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It would appear so, if you made the payment online then it has more than likely paid towards the airtime plan.
To upgrade you need to clear your device plan and this can only be paid by telephone.
If you made a payment after following the links to upgrade it will have paid off your device plan.
Call customer services first thing and find out where the payment went. Worst case scenario is that they will refund you and you can then follow the upgrade links in my O2 to make the correct upgrade payment, however they may just be able to transfer the balance straight over and upgrade you over the phone.
Good luck
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi ALEXFX

This does sound like you've made an error which O2 will be able to rectify by a phone call to them on 202.

If your wanting to keep your mobile number to move to an alternative network ,then don't cancel the airtime over the phone but instead ask for a PAC code.

When you give this code to your alternative Network and they use the PAC code within 28 days this will end your current airtime contract with O2.

Tip:

We suggest that a person checks out an alternative Network by using their Payg sims where you live, commute and work.

Also as a contract customer you can unlock your phone for free here https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form so you can use the phone on any Network.

Help link http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...
Message 3 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

You certainly need to ring 202 CS this morning. Hopefully this issue will be resolved if you act promptly...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 4