Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Stuck in limbo after click and collect order

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

I just wanted to ask for some advice.

I ordered a 16gb iPhone 5s on o2 simplicity online for click and collect from a branch on Wednesday 30 March. I passed the credit check and all was fine. I have an order number starting ms-, and have a PDF with confirmation of my order on it. I also received emails with key information, consumer credit information etc on. However, for some reason I didn't receive a confirmation with a collection reference number on it either by email or by text message. Because of this, when I tried to collect the phone on Thursday 31 at the store, although the phone was there waiting for me in a bag with my name on, I was unable to pick it up. The store looked through my emails including ones in my junk folder and confirmed no collection reference number was there. They tried calling customer services on my behalf but had no luck. I then called them myself later in the day and was given a 4 digit reference number over the phone but when I tried to use this at the store today, Friday 1 April, it didn't work.

I then called o2 customer services again today, 1 April. They advised it would be easier to just complete a new order for the same phone and leave the existing order uncollected. I went through the entire order process again from scratch but this time the credit check only allowed me to have the sim and not the phone - presumably because I had already taken a credit check and ordered a phone two days previously. When I asked what could be done i was just told to email creditfilereferrals@o2.com. I asked whether there was a way that I could be supplied with the 4 digit collection number, or anyone I could speak to to sort it out, and was told no. The person I spoke to said that there should be an email with a link on it that I need to click on, and it was not possible to resend it. The point is I was never sent it!

I'm a bit cross because I now have no new phone at all despite there being one there waiting for me in the shop; I am unable to collect that one and I am also unable to make a new order for one. Also because of the advice given to me by o2 customer service to make a new order I seem to have damaged my credit file.

Anyone have any advice? I have emailed creditfilereferrals@o2.com already but that will take a while and in the meantime I really need the phone...

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Phonedoc - yes I've spoken to a few people at the store now including the manager I think. They have all said that without the 4 digit collection code there is nothing they can do. Does anyone know if this is the case or can it be overidden?

Customer services over the phone on Friday said that it isn't possible to resend the code, or to provide it over the phone to me, or to escalate this to anyone else to help me. However, I then tried livechat later and someone on that did provide me with a 4 digit code. Is it likely that they would be able to provide this when customer services said they can't? The store is a 30 minute walk from where I work so I'm loathe to go there again today at lunchtime only to find to code doesn't work again.

Message 11 of 18

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
@jonsie at the time out seemed to me like the sensible way forward, if however I'd been put through what the op has been I'd be furious. I'd not have tried another contract attempt though, I'd have insisted on my phone being given to me! (Who knows though if I'd have succeeded in that)

I do feel quite lucky after reading this horror show I might add.

@Anonymous any luck sorting out this issue?
Message 12 of 18

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
@Anonymous it can DEFINITELY be overridden, look at my previous post this exact thing happened to me and providing the debit card used to pay when ordering was sufficient! This was the Brighton store.
Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @gindygoo - I'll probably give it one more try today at the store then and see what happens.

Message 14 of 18

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@gindygoo wrote:
@Anonymous it can DEFINITELY be overridden, look at my previous post this exact thing happened to me and providing the debit card used to pay when ordering was sufficient! This was the Brighton store.

Click and Collect orders that are posted to a store can be overriden. I'm not sure about Click and Collect Now orders that are taken directly from store stock though. For C&CN orders a proof such as the payment card as well as the 4 digit code is usually needed. I'd bring your passport/driving license as well @Anonymous just in case

Message 15 of 18

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
No problem, just take as much ID with you as possible, and it might be worth mentioning that you've been told it's possible for them to override the system? Although not everyone would like that and might take exception to being told how to do their job.

Good luck!
Message 16 of 18

Michellexx
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did ur case ever get resolved? As I upgraded my phone the other day and paid 6.99 for next day delivery but it's still processing, I called customer services they told me its a issue on there side and something about it could take up to 5 days for a reply or something I'm not happy as I paid also 200 pound to upgrade to the new phone which I haven't received yet also tried the online chat thing but they were useless keep telling me to track through my account 🙈

Message 17 of 18

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7464 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Michellexx 

Given that the last post on this thread was in April 2016, I am not sure whether or not you'll get a reply. 

If you don't hear anything in a day or so, you might want to start a new thread.  

Message 18 of 18