Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Stuck in limbo after click and collect order

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

I just wanted to ask for some advice.

I ordered a 16gb iPhone 5s on o2 simplicity online for click and collect from a branch on Wednesday 30 March. I passed the credit check and all was fine. I have an order number starting ms-, and have a PDF with confirmation of my order on it. I also received emails with key information, consumer credit information etc on. However, for some reason I didn't receive a confirmation with a collection reference number on it either by email or by text message. Because of this, when I tried to collect the phone on Thursday 31 at the store, although the phone was there waiting for me in a bag with my name on, I was unable to pick it up. The store looked through my emails including ones in my junk folder and confirmed no collection reference number was there. They tried calling customer services on my behalf but had no luck. I then called them myself later in the day and was given a 4 digit reference number over the phone but when I tried to use this at the store today, Friday 1 April, it didn't work.

I then called o2 customer services again today, 1 April. They advised it would be easier to just complete a new order for the same phone and leave the existing order uncollected. I went through the entire order process again from scratch but this time the credit check only allowed me to have the sim and not the phone - presumably because I had already taken a credit check and ordered a phone two days previously. When I asked what could be done i was just told to email creditfilereferrals@o2.com. I asked whether there was a way that I could be supplied with the 4 digit collection number, or anyone I could speak to to sort it out, and was told no. The person I spoke to said that there should be an email with a link on it that I need to click on, and it was not possible to resend it. The point is I was never sent it!

I'm a bit cross because I now have no new phone at all despite there being one there waiting for me in the shop; I am unable to collect that one and I am also unable to make a new order for one. Also because of the advice given to me by o2 customer service to make a new order I seem to have damaged my credit file.

Anyone have any advice? I have emailed creditfilereferrals@o2.com already but that will take a while and in the meantime I really need the phone...

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@gindygoo wrote:
@Anonymous it can DEFINITELY be overridden, look at my previous post this exact thing happened to me and providing the debit card used to pay when ordering was sufficient! This was the Brighton store.

Click and Collect orders that are posted to a store can be overriden. I'm not sure about Click and Collect Now orders that are taken directly from store stock though. For C&CN orders a proof such as the payment card as well as the 4 digit code is usually needed. I'd bring your passport/driving license as well @Anonymous just in case

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93218 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Obviously two credit checks in such a short space of time would be the reason that the system would only allow a sim contract. There is little you can do at this stage because O2 staff can't override the system. Only the credit referral team can do that for you so if you want the phone from O2 it's a matter of patience until they get back to you. Annoying I know.

Message 2 of 18

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

When something as simple as an order process goes wrong like this, take it as a warning sign.

My advice is go to another network provider.......that's what I would do.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 3 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I can't see the fairness in this whole debacle at all. It seems to have been a catalogue of failures on the part of O2 and their systems....one system failed to produce a reference numbe even though the phone had been despatched and waiting in store. ...and then as no one could find the ref number another order failed .....what a shambles!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all. It looks like there is nothing I can do. It did feel a bit like that Little Britain sketch when trying to sort this out with o2 customer services - computer says no. The whole thing is a little bizarre.

Hopefully the credit file referral people will respond soon (I don't want to risk another credit check until I know that the o2 ones have been sorted out). Once they do I will probably choose a different network to take my business too.

Message 5 of 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

I think that's exactly what you should do @Anonymous. Just make sure you can get good coverage from the network you choose. O2's ordering system, and online payment system is in meltdown,and no one will step up and take charge to fix things. The only thing that will eventually make them take notice is when they start to lose customers.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 18

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Well done O2.
Staggering failure of epic proportions!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 18

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Shocking!

Actually this happened to me with my new iPhone 6s but the store just overrode the system and gave me the phone after showing them the debit card I'd used to pay the upfront and remaining phone balance on refresh!

The reference number came through the next day via text!!
Message 8 of 18

jonsie
  • 93218 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 9 of 18

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, have you spoken to the store manager about this?

Message 10 of 18