cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!I returned my phone to 02, it is delivered but O2 said they did not receive it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have upgraded my phone begining of march. the next day, i found out that my company was giving me iphone 6. Within the cool off period, i wanted to return the phone. As i ordered online, i was told that i had to post it back to O2 returns. Following O2 instructions, i printed the return form, and the label. And I sent my unused (i did not even open the box) iphone 6 via royal mail on the 9th of march at 17:36. I have the receipt which is showing that it was delivered on the 11th of March at 04:58. I contacted O2 to check when they will cancel my upgrade. They said they did not receive it. They said someone will contact me no one is calling me or sending me an email. I really dont know what to do. Anytime i call or i chat, they keep saying it is escalated to the concerns departments. Meanwhile i am losing my cooling off period. Can someone tell me what i need to do?

Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144975 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
As long as you have dated proof of receipt you will be OK.
O2 can be slow in scanning phones back into the system and over a week is not uncommon.
Keep on to CS and ask them where they want you to email the postage proof to.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
  • 144975 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
As long as you have dated proof of receipt you will be OK.
O2 can be slow in scanning phones back into the system and over a week is not uncommon.
Keep on to CS and ask them where they want you to email the postage proof to.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 21

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23204 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

You need to persevere and keep calling customer service. You have the receipt and confirmation that it was returned, so I wouldn't worry too much. Just check your bank statement to make sure you aren't being charged. Keep on at customer service. Eventually you'll speak to someone who will take charge of this. If they do want you to send the proof of postage, as @MI5 has suggested, make sure you send them a copy and you keep the original.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 21

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

As said, once an item is delivered back to O2, it can lie around in a bin or the floor until someone physically scans it back into stock. After a week I would be calling until someone gets off their backside and can be bothered to do it for you.

Message 4 of 21

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Nice idea but I dont think the call centre guys have that kind of power. Your going to have to pester until a manager takes ownership.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 5 of 21

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
And presumably the manager can/will take ownership after "calling until someone gets off their backside and can be bothered to do it for you"

Message 6 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 123357 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

Here you go.......another personal type experience. I have literally just spoken to my daughter in law. She wanted to swap a new contract S6 for the S7. The S6 was returned Monday 7th. tracking info showed it had been delivered 8th. She has spent every day on the phone since then asking why her S6 contract was still active. It took nearly a week. Eventually she got an advisor who said 'Oh yes I can see we got it back...that's fine." She got her S7 today. The point is.... if she hadn't persevered.........?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 21

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
And presumably the manager can/will take ownership after "calling until someone gets off their backside and can be bothered to do it for you"

well... yeah lol :robotwink:

Message 8 of 21

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Here you go.......another personal type experience. I have literally just spoken to my daughter in law. She wanted to swap a new contract S6 for the S7. The S6 was returned Monday 7th. tracking info showed it had been delivered 8th. She has spent every day on the phone since then asking why her S6 contract was still active. It took nearly a week. Eventually she got an advisor who said 'Oh yes I can see we got it back...that's fine." She got her S7 today. The point is.... if she hadn't persevered.........?

Thats a long time... hope she enjoys the s7.

Message 9 of 21

MI5
  • 144975 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

As I said, over a week isn't unusual.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 21