Did you mean: 

Service

Jonezi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Interesting chat today (19/04/2024)
Seams I have been out of the country too long! And no longer have the right to have any phone service whatsoever!
I travel on business and left the UK on December 26th 2024 on a business trip to the USA and not returned yet, not due back until around end of may.
I have O2 travel inclusive within my contract
It’s not like I use a lot of data when I’m travelling as I have a USA local sim/phone
I could understand vaguely that if I use a lot of data I get cut off data wise! But to have my whole service stopped so I’m unable to make/receive calls and txt is taking things to a new level of disappointment
And to be told to fly home for a day to reactivate my service is just beyond belief! Or pay £6 per day for an additional bolt on and maybe that will get it to work!
Thoughts?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7338 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 1606 Solutions

I know it is 63 days in any 4 months for EU roaming but not seen a fair usage policy for O2 Travel or O2 Travel Inclusive, but I've not searched the small print.

Even in the former they simply charge.

As you have Travel Inclusive you must have the £6 per day O2 Travel as well so Customer Services don't seem to know what they are talking about

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37497 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1706 Solutions

Sounds like O2 is spinning you a yarn, @Jonezi

There have been issues with people in the UK losing service this week, especially if they use an eSIM... Are you using an eSIM? A quick search here will reveal that trend, @Jonezi.

Message 3 of 4

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 8132 Posts
  • 167 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Maybe it is not surprising @Jonezi that O2 Customer Services spun you a yarn if you told them that ".....you left the UK on December 26th 2024.....". 🤣

Message 4 of 4