cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard sell

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered a new payg sim free from o2 website yesterday as my fathers old sim had stopped working... he hardly ever uses phone but for occasions that he does... Then today lo and behold I get call from my mother saying that someone from O2 had phoned and EVEN THOUGH SHE SAID HER HUSBAND HARDLY EVER USED PHONE got her to sign up for a £10 a month contract and took her debit card details.. to add insult to injury as they couldn't speak to my father as he was asleep they made it out in her name (and she already has a tesco contract!!)... tried to unravel this but customer services said they had no record of the order on her system even though the confirmation email clearly states an order number .. so theres no way to cancel this order till paperwork/sim arrives apparently with the stress that this entails for my mother... there better be a cooling off period to cancel as I need a cooling off period for the O2 sales techniques... the reason i ordered a payg sim with MY email contact details is i didn't want them bothered with something they didn't understand and now they've taken advantage of an old lady... my mother tells me they were gabbling so fast didn't know what they were talking about so gave them her debit card details... I am disgusted with 02

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
I've had a similar experience, I ordered an iPad SIM which I could load with credit from O2 for my dad. Used my own number and email though, the SIM arrived after 2 days, less than 24 hours after that O2 called to try and get me into another contract, they tried daily (sometimes multiple times) until I blocked the sales number 🙂
Message 21 of 21