cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP PLEASE !!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am now into my 4th year with o2 and available for an upgrade in december 2013.

i started my 2nd contract on january 2012. and i had an iphone. a few months ago i dropped it and it no longer worked and my gaurantee did not cover repair.

i have never had any problems with my bill...

so too cut the the problem i am having is this...

I bought the blackberry z10 from a friend as it was a a upgrade he didnt need. so i put my sim in this phone and added a bolt on BBM for £10 a month onto my pay monthly bill.

So i have had this phone for the last 2 months and my bill is supposed to average around £36 a month but this bill was for £140 !!! i phoned o2 and asked why my bill was so high and they said that i sent 802 multimedia messages !!! which is absolute wrong as i never send MMS.. i dont go over 1 message either in the same text.

So i was on the phone to them for a while and they could not find any problems and could no find a reason for me sending MMS.. so they sent this to the investigation team and told me this will take up to 5 days to find my problem. they also told me my bill will be put on hold (my bill was due the same day)

so 5 days passed and i phoned up and they had no idea why and so they sent another investigation and i had to wait another 5 days (5days passed)

phoned back up and they still had no idea..

so they then asked me do i send picture messages through BBM to another blackberry user?? i said no just text through bbm.

they put me through to a guy in glasgow who works for blackberry and he was also clueless as to why i wass being billed for mms when i was sending sms.

so this was now into the 3rd week and during that time i have had emails, phone calls and letters asking for my payment and my phone was blocked from sending and reciieving calls and texts.. i then got a phone call from someone at o2 and they told me they still had no idea what was wrong and had to wait another 5 days !!! ABSOLUTE TERRIBLE !!!! i was also told they would unblock my phone so i can still send and recieve calls etc.. and a few days later my phone was cut off again and i got a bill through my post for £499 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SENDING MMS !!!!!!!

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHATS GOING ON ??

I DONT SEND MMS (pictures,symbols,voice notes, music)

I DONT SEND EMAILS.

I HAVE 1GB DATA AND VERY RARELY DO I GO OVER AND WHEN I HAVE ITS ONLY BEEN A CHARGE OF £10 AT THE MOST FOR THE LAST 4 YEARS !!

I NEVER GO OVER THE 1 TEXT LIMIT AT A TIME.

MY PHONE IS AGAIN NOW BLOCKED TO ALL OUTGOING AND INCOMING CALLS!!

HELP !!! THINKING ABOUT VONTACTING OFCOM

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am now into my 4th year with o2 and available for an upgrade in december 2013.

i started my 2nd contract on january 2012. and i had an iphone. a few months ago i dropped it and it no longer worked and my gaurantee did not cover repair.

I bought the blackberry z10 from a friend as it was a a upgrade he didn't need. so i put my sim in this phone and added a bolt on BBM for £10 a month onto my pay monthly bill.

So i have had this phone for the last 2 months and my bill is supposed to average around £36 a month but this bill was for £140 !!! i phoned o2 and asked why my bill was so high and they said that i sent 802 multimedia messages !!! which is absolute wrong as i never send MMS.. i dont go over 1 message either in the same text.

So i was on the phone to them for a while and they could not find any problems and could no find a reason for me sending MMS.. so they sent this to the investigation team and told me this will take up to 5 days to find my problem. they also told me my bill will be put on hold (my bill was due the same day)

so 5 days passed and i phoned up and they had no idea why and so they sent another investigation and i had to wait another 5 days (5days passed)

so they then asked me do i send picture messages through BBM to another blackberry user?? i said no just text through bbm.

they put me through to a guy in glasgow who works for blackberry and he was also clueless as to why i wass being billed for mms when i was sending sms.

so this was now into the 3rd week and during that time i have had emails, phone calls and letters asking for my payment and my phone was blocked from sending and reciieving calls and texts.. i then got a phone call from someone at o2 and they told me they still had no idea what was wrong and had to wait another 5 days !!! ABSOLUTE TERRIBLE !!!! i was also told they would unblock my phone so i can still send and recieve calls etc.. and a few days later my phone was cut off again and i got a bill through my post for £499 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SENDING MMS !!!!!!!

I DONT SEND EMAILS.

I HAVE 1GB DATA AND VERY RARELY DO I GO OVER AND WHEN I HAVE ITS ONLY BEEN A CHARGE OF £10 AT THE MOST FOR THE LAST 4 YEARS !!

Hi & Welcome to the 02 forum as a new member.

I'm only sorry its in these circumstances that we all meet you.

When you moved from your iphone to the Blackberry I assume you contacted 02 to move from an iphone tariff / bolt on.

If as you say you are not sending large texts , photos or videos etc and your not sending business cards from your phone, its no wonder 02 are at a loss as to why your account is showing these charges.

Unless you were willing to pay the bill so not to be in danger of being cut off, and then await the outcome, your only other option is to do what is happening now which is to await their findings.

Its obvious the many departments of 02 that overlap each other are not communicating effectively in order to keep you connected.

I assume your paying your normal monthly bill via direct debit so really 02 should stick to what they have agreed, and allow your account to be open and put the outstanding monies owed on the 'back burner', until their investigation is resolved ,and then either decide to confirm the monies are owed and pursue the payment or quash it as an error.

I'm hoping you have already started to note down times and names of the advisors you have spoken to so you can fallback on this info when called upon by 02.

If you have not done so already I would suggest you put this on an online complaints form as another avenue to help resolve the issue.

I'm hoping someone else comes along and hits the nail on the head in what's going on with this.

We are just 02 customers ourselves and can only surmise i'm afraid.

One thing I could suggest is to remove the sim card from the z10 and put it into another phone for a month, to see if the charges continue. 

Just to see if it the smart phone is doing something in the background causing this !!

I hope this gets quickly resolved my friend.

Take care.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I bought the blackberry z10 from a friend as it was a a upgrade he didn't need. so i put my sim in this phone and added a bolt on BBM for £10 a month onto my pay monthly bill.

I DONT SEND EMAILS.

Hi & Welcome to the 02 forum as a new member.

I'm only sorry its in these circumstances that we all meet you.

When you moved from your iphone to the Blackberry I assume you contacted 02 to move from an iphone tariff / bolt on.

If as you say you are not sending large texts , photos or videos etc and your not sending business cards from your phone, its no wonder 02 are at a loss as to why your account is showing these charges.

Unless you were willing to pay the bill so not to be in danger of being cut off, and then await the outcome, your only other option is to do what is happening now which is to await their findings.

Its obvious the many departments of 02 that overlap each other are not communicating effectively in order to keep you connected.

I assume your paying your normal monthly bill via direct debit so really 02 should stick to what they have agreed, and allow your account to be open and put the outstanding monies owed on the 'back burner', until their investigation is resolved ,and then either decide to confirm the monies are owed and pursue the payment or quash it as an error.

I'm hoping you have already started to note down times and names of the advisors you have spoken to so you can fallback on this info when called upon by 02.

If you have not done so already I would suggest you put this on an online complaints form as another avenue to help resolve the issue.

I'm hoping someone else comes along and hits the nail on the head in what's going on with this.

We are just 02 customers ourselves and can only surmise i'm afraid.

One thing I could suggest is to remove the sim card from the z10 and put it into another phone for a month, to see if the charges continue. 

Just to see if it the smart phone is doing something in the background causing this !!

I hope this gets quickly resolved my friend.

Take care.

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Could the phone be set up to send a mms, instead of a text message?

I've haven't had a play with the bb10 os so I don't know if there's a setting for that. Have a look through the setting and see if you can find it, or read through the manual. I would also try band of brothers advice and try your sim in another phone slight_smile
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I don't know if it's related but I don't think you need the BB bolt on for a Z10 as it doesn't use BB servers for data anymore...?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

rawrz
Level 13: Prompter
  • 70 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 25 Solutions
yeah MI5 is right u need normal smartphone data bolt on. might not be related though
Message 5 of 5