cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a tablet on contract, returning it (unopened)

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I got a tablet on contract, but after some deliberation returning it in the cooling off period (its unopened), the livechat guys said they will send a jiffy bag for me to return it.

Ive had a few issues in the past with o2 taking out direct debits after contracts have finished and struggling to get refunds with them and massive airtime bills so Im just wondering if it could possibly happen again.

I know Im supposed to ship back the tablet in the jiffy, wait 5 or so days and then I should get a phone call or phone them to confirm they recieved it and then they should refund the money right? And then cancel the airtime, although the first airtime bill is the 8th so thats a bit close to the mark.

Anyone have any suggestions in this regard or advice? Id be grateful.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
My advice would be to chase it up all the way and don't rely on live chat.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

HI @Anonymous There's a help link here on cancelling your contract http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

Follow the instructions this provides. You are within the cooling off period so well within your rights to cancel....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 20

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Even though they are sending you a jiffy bag, (which you should confirm by calling customer service and not rely on Live Chat), make sure you send the device back by recorded delivery and be able to track it. That way there's less likelihood of it getting 'lost'. Hopefully you also saved the transcript of the Live Chat conversation.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 20

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Good advice by @Bambino you need to track the return and a signature is your guarantee they have received it back. It's also insured if lost in the post.

Message 5 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the email confirming the jiffy bag was sent out so that should be coming later or tomorrow - probably tomorrow now.

They mentioned I could get a reciept at the post office when handing it over, I gathered they meant a normal reciept and not recorded delivery? So Ill probably pay for that when I send it.

Cheers guys.

Message 6 of 20

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You need to pay for recorded/registered delivery but it's well worth it for peace of mind.

Message 7 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

You need to pay for recorded/registered delivery but it's well worth it for peace of mind.

Agree with that...^^^^^^

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 20

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Agree with that...^^^^^^

too right. Don't just bung it in a jiffy bag

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 9 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

So they sent me a phone sized jiffy bag instead of a big one...

Phoned up, and they said I should take it back instore and they can send it back from there, I thought they kept instore sales and online sales seperate in that regard? Dont really want to treck into the town over if the store staff will just say "no sorry"

Message 10 of 20