cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fully fledged O2 customer now!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wooooohhhooooo, my number port was successful (thumbs up to O2, it all happened very easily and with hardly any inconvenience.) My old iPhone is now showing 'no service' which did make me feel sad.

Can I just double check.. Will my old service provider see my number has been ported and automatically close my account or do I need to speak to them to let to confirm I want my account closed.

I'm really excited now to be an O2 customer, taking advantage of the benefits (O2 priority deals and discounts, priority tickets etc....)

Strange though, since the port I've only got one bar of service in my house... I'm sure it's because of the wind!!

One question .... could someone please confirm the CS phone number to dial from my mobile and also what to call from a landline/non O2 phone.

Thanks and let the O2 party commence grin
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

As soon as O2 used the PAC Code this would have instigated the closure of your account with your previous network.

Glad to hear all is ok.

To call O2 from your mobile its 202.

All other points of contact to O2 is in the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the forum.

Regarding service you can check your masts via your postcode via the Service status link.

Also try turning your phone off and on to re establish network connection.
Message 11 of 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Thought that was the BT operator, I have heard of this before but I thought they had done away with it.

Message 12 of 24

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23167 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Strange though, since the port I've only got one bar of service in my house... I'm sure it's because of the wind!!

Be afraid.....Be very afraid. Evil

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 123159 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Thought that was the BT operator, I have heard of this before but I thought they had done away with it.

100 was the operator in the good old days before it became a paid for franchise....?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 24

MI5
  • 144717 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
It'll be the garlic wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 24

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 16 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe 100 is my own personal hotline grin Each time I've called it (twice) I've got through to CS within about 10 minutes... I did call around 3pm on a weekday so perhaps they weren't busy.

I also got tricked into dialling 4445 because it was on a preinstalled O2 app with list of useful numbers - I later realised it was 25p per call!!
Message 17 of 24

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I also got tricked into dialling 4445 because it was on a preinstalled O2 app with list of useful numbers - I later realised it was 25p per call!!

Gotcha LOL

Message 18 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 123159 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Maybe 100 is my own personal hotline grin Each time I've called it (twice) I've got through to CS within about 10 minutes... I did call around 3pm on a weekday so perhaps they weren't busy.

I have never heard of that dialling 100 before...You sure you were talking to O2 and not some random...?LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Be afraid.....Be very afraid. Evil

Crazy LOL

Wi8spaRed7 Cat

Message 20 of 24