Did you mean: 

NEW SIM (EVENTUALLY!!) BUT NEW PHONE STILL NOT WORKING EXCEPT ON WIFI

ThumbelinaPM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Business Customer of O2 for 25 years.

Recently I thought I had lost my phone so called O2 who sent me a new SIM;  the phone is my own so we are now on a SIM only contract. Thankfully I hadn't lost the phone, it turned up the next day so we swapped the SIM and activated it.

Since then, my hone hasn't worked fully unless I am on wifi. If I leave home and my wifi, I can't make or receive messages or emails or calls. I get "Not registered on network" when tryin to make a call. If I create and send a message, they don't send until I get back onto wifi. 

My phone is two months old and worked fine until I changed the SIM after it had been cancelled as I thought I'd lost my phone.

The O2 shop didn't want to know and said I would have to wait an hour and 15 minutes though I am at work. 

I don't have access to another phone to put SIM into.

I am at the end of my rope with this. I really am.

Can anyone help me please?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@ThumbelinaPM 

Your account will have a bar on it and the new sim will need activating.

Contact business customer services or your enterprise manager.

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

ThumbelinaPM
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The shop activated it while I was in store, they contacted O2 business to do so. Said it would work within 24 hours  - it doesn't.

Who is my enterprise manager?

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@ThumbelinaPM 

If you are an enterprise customer you will have an account manager, if not you need to call business customer services.

Numbers in the link above.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

ThumbelinaPM
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So enterprise manager isn't relevant? I am a business customer. 

So can you not help me?

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@ThumbelinaPM 

I can't help as I am just a customer like yourself.

This is a customer community, not customer service.

I do not know if you are an enterprise customer or a direct to O2 business customer. Only you can answer that I'm afraid.

I have given you the numbers to call to lift the bars from your account - That is all the help anyone here can give.

Good luck.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

ThumbelinaPM
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I need more than luck! I need O2 to give a toss about me as  a customer! Once I do get sorted I will leave O2, they are an absolute disgrace.

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

Can't argue with that @ThumbelinaPM 

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

ThumbelinaPM
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can't understand why you guys do this, it is letting them off the hook. Your call though. I'm out...

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

Mostly out of habit now. 

It used to be a great company and was a pleasure to help out.

Now we get more abuse than anything from customers who think we can fix everything.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10