cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friends & Family Discount - IPhone5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I purchased an IPhone5 5 via the O2 web store in October thinking that my friends & family 30% discount would apply. I found out after a few weeks that the discount only applies to Phones purchased in an O2 store. slight_frown

I do recall that when I enquired about why I wasn't receiving the discount, I was informed by O2 advisors on 3 separate occasions that this was only the case until 31st Dec 2012 and that in Jan 2013 they would be reviewing the F&F discount for the IPhone 5 with a view to opening up the discounts to all (not just people who bought in store).

Can anybody confirm that this is the case?

(Here's Hoping!!!)

Cheers

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

There is supposed to be a review about this but nothing has been published as yet.

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anybody heard anything on this yet?

Any update appreciated!

Ta.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
As staff we haven't heard anything about opening up the discounts for phones not purchased via O2.

Can understand the business reasoning behind it but its not great for customers. Hopefully they do open it up but its a case of wait and see just now.
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

BUMP**

Hi guys, any update on this yet?

I see the I Phone 5 is being offered at £37 a month now through the O2 store on the web!

Is it worth me visiting an O2 store?

Would hate to think I'm going to be stuck paying almost £50 a month for the duration of this contract.

Any advice appreicated.

Ta,

Message 5 of 5