Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 open family and friends discount code not working

Christel
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I've registered for my O2 open discount, upgraded and applied the discount to my number successfully. Now my husband us trying to upgrade but when he puts the code in it tells him he is trying to use it on a product that is not eligible. He's upgrading to the exact same device and airtime plan as I've just upgrades to, so why is it saying this? There were 2 coded on my O2 open page, are we supposed to put them both in, there was only one box for a promo code in his online basket. Hope someone can help me.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Christel
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just wanted to update you on the outcome of this, after many calls to customer services we were told for my husband to upgrade over the phone. To cut a long story short he wasn't allowed to use my codes on the 5GB tariff (even though I could). Wish the website could have been more helpful, nowhere does it say this. But anyway he had upgraded now. Thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Christel 

It takes a few days for the system to recognise the upgrade and allow the discount.

Guide: O2 Open & Friends and Family discounts - How to sign up 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Christel
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

My husband is trying to use my code from my O2 open account. Don't understand why it won't work. I've applied my discount to my number and its gone through OK. It said to put the discount in the code box in the basket during my husbands upgrade which is what we've done, not sure what else to do.

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Christel 

You need to wait a few days and follow the guide above to do it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Christel
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi MI5, thank you for your reply, unfortunately the guide doesn't answer my question. Do I still have to wait to share my discount code even though I've applied my discount to my number and it seems to have been accepted as it shows up on myo2 account in the discounts section.

Message 5 of 10

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35951 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions
Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Christel wrote:

Hi MI5, thank you for your reply, unfortunately the guide doesn't answer my question. Do I still have to wait to share my discount code even though I've applied my discount to my number and it seems to have been accepted as it shows up on myo2 account in the discounts section.

Yes you need to wait for his number to update and showing as an upgrade.

The system currently thinks his account has been running for longer than 28 days.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

Christel
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just wanted to update you on the outcome of this, after many calls to customer services we were told for my husband to upgrade over the phone. To cut a long story short he wasn't allowed to use my codes on the 5GB tariff (even though I could). Wish the website could have been more helpful, nowhere does it say this. But anyway he had upgraded now. Thank you for your help.

Message 8 of 10

EveH0
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm trying to add my discount to my husbands upgrade and its as though they want to make this virtually impossible?! Trying to explain this to o2 is like pulling teeth, if they allow you to share a discount it should be far more simple than what it is currently is.

I just won't bother and he can stay on a sim only deal I think!

Message 9 of 10

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35951 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

@EveH0 wrote:

I'm trying to add my discount to my husbands upgrade and its as though they want to make this virtually impossible?! Trying to explain this to o2 is like pulling teeth, if they allow you to share a discount it should be far more simple than what it is currently is.

I just won't bother and he can stay on a sim only deal I think!

The couple of times that I was eligible to use O2 Open, it was done at the time I took out the new contract in the local O2 Shop - have you tried that route, @EveH0?

If you do, don't forget to take photo-id with you, and some employer proof - a copy payslip or staff identity card clearly showing the person getting the contract and discount is part of the registered O2 Open company or service.

Message 10 of 10