Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Chromebook

IanO52
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have purchased an S21 FE 5G with the free gift of the samsung chromebook. Unfortunately the pages i have been given by customer service are showing page not found? I have seen a few similar posts but am no wiser. Can anyone she'd light on the answer please?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37301 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

@IanO52 - this is the route you need to take to complain - Resolver, near the end of the page, works quite well in my experience: https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Screenshot_20220910-194548.png

Good luck!

Message 11 of 17

IanO52
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you pgn for your positive help.

I would still like to know why and how in all decency as a customer services the agent has never rung back as promised. 

Thanks again.

Message 12 of 17

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37301 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

Truly, @IanO52, I see more posts here about the promised ring-back from O2 that never happened, and the answer offered frequently is: "O2 will never call you up or ring you" - alas, I offer no explanation or defence for this behaviour - but it is not uncommon, by all accounts.

In my experience, you call O2 around 08:15, get to talk to them, and if the answer does not help, retry later via O2 Social Media, then reattempt the call the following morning at 08:15. There appears to be little continuity between CS agents.

For sales and misrepresentation, all I can say is that offers do change frequently, and even a big rollout, like the recent SwitchUp scheme from O2, can take time to reach all those involved in customer-facing roles in the O2 Store network. You may take a read of this thread to see what I mean: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Introducing-O2-Switch-Up-Swap-phones-whenever-you-want/m-...

Meantime, all you can do is alert the forum to misleading information offered by the Sales Team, and the Forum Management may take that back to O2 - but Resolver does get a response from O2 to you directly. Good luck!

Message 13 of 17

IanO52
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I've ended up going through  resolver on recommendation.  O2 have washed their hands of my issue by the way they promised to ring back but haven't. 

Message 14 of 17

Sarahg1222
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Ian did you get any joy. I purchased the same phone at the end of August and having the same problem. 

Message 15 of 17

IanO52
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all

In reply to the people who asked me if I got sorted, yes and no. Firstly a big thank you to pgn for their help in pointing me in the right direction by using Resolver. Which can be found at the bottom of the complaints procedure on the "my O2 app" you join up send your complaint in and o2 send you a response of receiving and also to get back in touch typically within 7 days. I had heard nothing for 9days so messaged them again on the same route. Same day I got a call and spoke to a complaints resolution agent and after some chat both ways I was assured the offer was no longer available as Samsung decide when to pull the plug not o2 but she upheld my complaint due to the fact the offer was a huge decider in me taking the phone. 

I was given 2 options a cash credit or I could return the phone and cancel my contract which I was tempted to do.  I refused the credit as it wasn't a very enticing amount and got an improved offer which I refused again and said I'd take the leaving alternative.  The agent was going through the procedure of sending the phone back etc. I then thought about the fuss of looking and transferring my phone content again and decided to take money."Judas" seriously I wasn't happy with the settlement but I was really fed up with the fuss and bother of the last month. On a positive note the caller was very nice, listened to my points and agreed it was a poor experience and my complaint would hopefully go towards making for a better service in future.

I am hesitant on revealing the actual cash amounts as other people are then free to negotiate and make their own mind up if it is sufficient for them.

The only downside I have experienced today is on the o2 app offers the same phone as mine and a lady asking for my experience on this thread is our phone is on offer £200 cheaper.

Good luck to all.

Message 16 of 17

IanO52
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Sarah please see my response today.

Message 17 of 17